26. Some thoughts?

I stared around the room, spotting a news articles, framed in the corridor. This was my chance,to gain some private information.

"Gru?"

He didn't look down, still staring at the screen, "What is it?"

"Are you a villain?"

"Why do you want to know?" He asked, still watching the movie.

"I never seen a villain that lives such a life like you do. You don't seem to be..."

This caught his attention, "I don't seem to be...what?"

"So cruel and...evil."

I noticed, how he began to move uncomfortable. This must be something, he didn't like to talk about. He said that this wasn't always like that, "I used to be evil, enjoying the thrill to steal and just be bad." Suddenly, his face was a lot more cheerful, as he talked about his plan to steal the moon, which he had, till he reached to hi new job at the AVL. Lost in his memories, he didn't see my confused face. My questions interrupted his talk.

"What happened? Why did you give it all up?"

His smile weakened, "Because of the girls." On a wall was a photo of him and his daughters, while the dog Kyle bit his leg, "They gave my life so much more meaning than a diamond or the moon. It even made my mother proud."

"Is that all?" It sounded weird to me, so I had to ask.

"No, it became so much more when Lucy came along...and my brother."

This talk was not getting anywhere, at least not for me, "If you could, would you go back to be a villain?"

"If I had to give up the ones I love, then no. It is not worth it."

"But a life of a villain sounds cool. They can be evil, steal, have fame and fortune."

Gru stroked my hair, while shaking his head, "It may be cool for a while, but one day...you only feel lonely. As a villain, I wasn't rich. I had to get one loan after another to set my plans into motion and as for evil..." He grinned wide now, "you don't need to be a villain to be bad. Some things never change and that is good." I listened to his every words. The whole situation he said, was never an issue to Robert. But on one thing, he was right: I was very lonely. Surrounded by the boss and butler, but still feeling alone. The thought of leaving the life of a villain behind, was kind of fascinating, "Have you always been a villain?"

"I was one my whole life, until now."

"So, it is possible to change a life for a new one?"

Gru wasn't sure of what I meant, but nodded, "I guess." The thought of a new life just doest get out of my head. Is it really so wonderful as Gru said? Cuddling up to him, he held me close. The warmth and smell was relaxing, giving me a feeling of security. Gru wasn't surprised as I feel asleep. The minions shushed each other, not to wake me. The ex villain carried me upstairs and into my bed. With a kiss on my forehead, he whispered, "Good night, N\A."

It was far from a good night.

Nightmares woke me up rather harsh, sweating badly. I dreamed of the day, where Robert gave me his 'inheritance'. It was a painfully memory, the scar on my arm was the proof. The other tuning that bugged me, was the amount if minion lying on my bed. Once a foot, next a hand kicked me, it was horrible. The weight and heat they provided has increased in time. All I could do, was to leave the room and get something to drink. Passing Gru,s room, I heard him snore. So I was the only one awake. Once in the kitchen, I got myself a glass of milk. Sitting a the dining table, I thought back of the words Gru said. The girls made him change. Who would change their life for children? I was a child and still, Robert stayed the villain he was. Wife and brother, so what? We had a butler, he was like a brother to me. Unaware, I was thinking about it for two hours.

Still, there were no answers to my questions.

Extremely tired now, I placed the glass into the sink and stared outside the window. I had to concentrate on my revenge, I had to remember my plan, my henchmen, my purpose in life. "Ahh, I need another drink!" This time, I took the whole bottle of milk. I knew that if I stay here for too long, I will go mad. For the time being, I just needed some time to sleep. The only place I might find some peace, was the living room. On the sofa, I got comfortable and closed my eyes, feeling the sleep taking over.

Click!

The sound got me wide awake. The main door was open. Grabbing the bottle upside down, I tiptoed to the corridor. In the dark, I couldn't see who it was, only that is was a human. Instead of turning on the lights, it went down the corridor, passing me. My first thought, was a burglar, hitting as hard a possible at the figures head.

Crash!!!!

Gru jumped at the sound, armed with the lipstick taser, he ran downstairs and switching on the light. Now I saw him, crawling on the floor, holding his head in pain. Instantly, I dropped the broken bottle, "I am so sorry Dru, I thought you were a burglar."

On the stairs was Gru, holding the lip stick. I raised a brow at that, "What are you doing at night?"

His cheeks got red, "It is not what you think, it is a taser."

"Phew, and I thought you dress up as a woman at night." Gru got his brother off the floor and aided him in the kitchen. Meanwhile, I got him water, constantly apologizing for the hit. What was he doing here anyway?

Gru asked him on how he came back home, "I thought you were locked up at the AVL."

"I was, but I...

"You broke out and now you want to hide here" I interrupted, taking a mouth full of water.

Dru shook his head, "No, they send me home, but I am not allowed to leave the house."

This news was a disaster, all the water I had was spilled out against the two men. They both stared a me, like I was retarded, while the liquid dropped from their noses.

"Sorry?"