9. The legends

Gru's family was at breakfast, as Dru stormed in, "Broootherrrr!!!!!"

He handed him a flyer, addressed to the brothers. It was an invitation to the yearly villain con in Orlando. Gru shrugged his shoulders, "So what about it?" Dru pouted, "Lets us go there together, like a family!" Edith was up for it immediately, supporting her uncle, "Please Gru!" It didn't take long that the rest of the family joined Dru's side. However, Gru is a stubborn piece of work. Lucy's idea to look for 'shadow' at the convention made him think it over. "What makes you think 'she' will be there?" His wife showed him the hint, "The four legends are coming. Guess who one of the legends is?"

Dru yelled out, "Shadow?!"

She shook her head, "Nope...The bald terror...your father. He might not be able to go, but shadow most certainly can."

Gru got curious, "Who are the other three?"

"Only their nicknames are announced: Wendigo and Horrific, but the third one is unknown. Could 'shadow' be the third one? Gru?"

He was shaking with excitement. Since he was a kid, he always wanted to meet these famous villains. Dru was no different, jumping around in joy. But one thing was confusing him, "I thought there are only three legends. How come that there are four now and why doesn't anyone know their name?"

Margo winked, "There is only one way to find out."

Gru knew what she meant...and smiled, "Okay, the next weekend we are going to the villain con!"

"YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

On the other side of the street, was me going through an old book.

There are pictures of Robert and me, including all of his friends. Robert was already an old man and so are the other villains, but this never stopped their efforts to be really evil. On one was I with a suit, made by the bold terror. Similar to his grey suit, mine was black and grey. (It resembles the one from Judie's police outfit in Zootopia) Once again, I checked underneath the bed. A huge box came into sight. With mixed feelings I opened it, pulling my suit out, "I can't believe I am doing this." I raised it towards me and inspected myself in the mirror. Lost in thoughts I looked down to my wrist. A large scar decorated the arm, like I have cut myself. But that wasn't me that did that...it was something Robert decided to do to me. "If anyone finds out about this, I will be in big trouble" I said to myself, while placing a finger over it. As much as Carl wanted me to look towards the future, Robert made it clear that I will never forget him...he even marked my skin for that.

Brrrr! Brrrr!

I glared at the device. It was the phone on my suit. No one calls me on that thing, except Robert...and...

I picked it up, "What so you want?!"

"Sweet as always eh...shadow?"

I growled, "Wendigo."

"The one and only, how have you been sweet cheeks?"

"That is none of your business...how did you find out where I live?"

Wendigo was known for hunting down people, other villains were no exception, "I know you since you were a little girl, I always find you. But that is not the reason I call."

My mood turned dark, "What do you want?"

"Work for me."

I stayed silent. Wendigo took it as a 'no', "if you don't do it, other villains will ask you. Not only are you the most famous henchmen but also Roberts last 'precious' treasure he ever had."

Before I cancelled the call, I barked at him, "I know what you want and not you or anyone else will get me or 'his' treasure. Don't ever call me again!"