13. The show must go on

Just to be sure, I used a mask to change my face a little. I looked like Scarlet lost sister now...red hot!

"Hello good-looking."

Dru was not sure if I meant him, he looked around before pointing at himself. I nodded.

"H-hello" he was a nervous wreck now.

It was the first time a woman was flirting with him and he didn't know how to act. His words got out as a mumbling sound, I couldn't understand anything. I guess it was my turn to get it into a conversation; luckily I was good at manipulating others. It only got bad, when it comes to personal information. Dru wanted to know my name, where I live and even...if I am still single. Not one opponent ever asked me that before. "Why do you want to know that?" I asked him confused. He smiled sweet, "I would like to get to know you better." Wow, talking from nervous wreck to a confident man. I used my charms to change the subject, "You look familiar. Do you have a brother?"

"Yes why?" I got him hooked!

"I am a huge fan of him. I mean, stealing the moon...what an excellent heist."

"Yeah he was a good villain, until he changed sides."

I faked a surprised face, "changed sides?"

He was the most open minded person I have ever met. He kept on talking, literally serving the information on a silver platter. I had to stop myself from smiling evil, "I see." Next move was the observation on my opponent before me. No doubt that he was related to Robert. His appearance is a spitting image of him, except that he has full hair and a cheerful smile. Robert was more the grumpy type, hardly a smile came to his face. Dru leaned a little forward, getting into my comfort zone. I tensed up at the distance. "Are you a villain?" he asked me in his cheerful voice.

"Oh...I am no villain...but I am a massive fan of them."

His smile grew, "Who is your favorite?"

I pointed at the banner, "The legends...duh!"

"Same!"

It came as a surprise, as we both began to laugh together. For a minute, I forgot my mission, looking deep into his eyes. God knows what would have happened, if the girls didn't interrupt us. Although it was no time to feel relieved. I had to get away...quick! The girls might recognize me. I excused myself fast, leaving him with the three kids. Dru didn't have time to come after me, as Edith and Agnes grabbed his feet.

Back behind the curtains, I got ready for the show.

Horrific looked curious in my direction, "What was that just now?"

"What do you mean?"

He pointed at Dru, "Robert's son? Are you serious?"

"It is not what you think"

"What is it then?"

I hate it, as he wiggled his eye brow, "I wanted to meet him...at least once."

"But why in a disguise?"

"You ask too much Horrific for your own good!"

He knows that this was the end of that conversation. Once Wendigo arrived, we stopped talking. He slowly reached us in his wheelchair, "It is time."

We nodded.

Outside, the hall was full of people now. Not one chair was empty; some even had to stand up. Dru, Gru, Lucy and the girls were all in the front row. The adults are on chairs, while the girls sit in front of the stage.

I could hear the crowd clap their hands, shouting "Legends."

I checked my suit, one last time before the curtains were raised. The crowd went nuts! While Horrific and Wendigo were beside me, I stood in the middle...getting the spotlight. It was a little uncomfortable to gain so much attention, since it was Robert's job. We raised our hands to greet our guests and the crowd got louder.

Horrific was the first to talk, "Welcome to villain con (year)! It is an honor to present to you the legends of villains tonight." He began with Wendigo, "Wendigo, the eldest of the group, a mastermind and genius in weapon skills. His most famous heist is to steal England. For a month, England has disappeared of the map; no one knows how he did that...and will stay a secret for all times. Give it up for...Wendigo!!!" He was known before Robert's career, no one you like to meet in the dark...a terrible man. I never stopped hating him.

Next was his own presentation, "The second legend, is me...Horrific. A horrifying villain for years, I was known for my terrible hideouts. I stole and hid them all in places, where no one expected to look at. One place is known...the suicide forest in Japan; this was my favorite spot in the late 60s. Please, a big cheer for me...Horrific!!!!" he was a creep and psychopath in all aspects, but someone you can talk to. He likes humans and analyses them to the very detail. With him, you have to be careful, otherwise he will find out all your secrets. Always be on your guard with that man!

The last one was me. But first, someone else was mentioned.

"Many of you know about the bold terror that left us too soon. He was not only the fiercest villain but also the most dangerous one. His most horrible heist, was to steal entire labs from all over the world. With the power of biological weapons, he turned the world into a chaos in the 80s. But his main treasure was something else...his greatest secret. Tonight it will come into the light, revealing herself. Give it up...for Shadow!!!"

I jumped a little, as everyone got extremely loud. Whistling, cheering and even the stand up were a great honor for me.

But Horrific was not finished yet, "She was lurking in the shadows for years, now she is coming forward..." He kept on talking about my past that was not important to know. It bored me!

Other than I, Gru and his family was amazed. They all looked at me, like I was an ancient artifact.

Thankfully, the show was over quickly. But the approach from villains was a lot worse. I knew why they all came to me, asking me to become their minion. I will be no assistant for anyone! The crowd was still going nuts, even as the curtains have fallen.

This was the moment for Gru. He got up from his chair, looking at his family, "Lets got after her ! Dru?...Dru!" His brother was already out the door, "Come on brother!!!"