40. Trustworthy and bad

Awakening on the cold ground, I found myself somewhere different. It must be somewhere in the centre of the mountain, since the ceilaing was quite high. A little wobbly on my legs, I tried to inspect my surroundings. Only a massive emblem was covering one entire wall...of a creature with antlers.

"Awake sweetheart?"

I recognized the voice; it was the same one from before, "Not quite. What a harsh greeting Horrific, you could have lowered the volume on your taser."

"Where is the fun in that?"

I never have seen him this happy before. Despite his age, he was quite tall and very muscular. As he began to take his shirt off, he showed off his abs, "I might be old, but still...I am good looking."

I couldn't resist laughing, "Robert might be fat, but at least he had a nice face...unlike you."

That really hit his ego, "you will regret saying that."

With one kick from his leg, I was thrown back, holding my stomach. He was pretty strong for his age. The hit took enough force to break a few ribs, making it harder for me to stand up.

"What is it shadow, already defeated?"

"Not in a million years!"

Horrific smiled wide, "That is my girl, stubborn as always."

I was no match against him, but I might be able to trick him. Reaching for a smoke bomb, I used the right moment to release it. The mist it produced made it harder for horrific to find me...or so I thought. I flinched, as a large hand caught my hand on my throat, holding me up to the sky. The mist faded, to his advantage, seeing me struggle under his grasp, "Sneaky attacks isn't your style Shadow, you should stick to your best trades...being a loyal henchmen." He lowered me to eye level, "If you behave, you can be my minion from now on. All I am asking for...is the treasure of the terror."

I knew it! They were all after that treasure from Robert. It seems that no one knows where it was, horrific even told me of the traitor they had under my roof, looking for that special thing. Vector must have done a good job, since I didn't see any changes in my room. Horrific released my neck, handing over his walking stick, "This was a gift from Robert, not that I ever needed this thing", he laughed loud, "Although, it did his purpose, giving you the illusion that I am an old weak man."

"What are you up to Horrific? Where is Carl?"

"Carl? You mean that guy we kidnapped? I don't know...somewhere?"

He played me with me and loves it. I was far from playing games, "Let him go...and I will be your henchmen."

"Is that all?!"

"Isn't what you wanted?"

Horrific nodded, "It is, wow, that was easy."

Glaring at him, he raised his hands up in defense. He would release him...until I hand him the treasure. Hiding the scar, I refused to trade like that, "You really think I am stupid are you? If that thing lies in your palm, you will kill Carl."

Instead of feeling annoyed, he clapped his hands, "Marvelous, still skeptical towards your foes. Robert taught you well." I hated to be reminded of that, frowning deeply.

"What's with the face? Be happy, you got a job now."

At the prison, the situation for the girls got worse. Agnes was too weak to even speak, while Margo had to keep her awake. Edith removed, for the first time, her hat from the heat and even Carl had problems with his body. If we take any longer to free them, we may not have to anymore.

Even Gru and Dru were in a crucial situation, screaming and running away from living female statues. Like ninjas, they got closer, throwing all sorts of weapons at them. They couldn't run forever, not even as their next obstacle prevents it. Gru could only stare at it in disbelieve, "Are you kidding me?!" Yep, you guessed right...another bridge. Looking back at his brother, he couldn't find him anywhere, "Dru?!"

"Up here brother!"

Indeed, he was floating over his head and the bridge. Gru did the same thing, activation the air inside his body. The stature, completely fixed on them, didn't realize that they feel into the lava beneath the bridge. Now save and sound, Gru couldn't help himself and grabbed Dru by his neck, "Why didn't you think of that sooner?!" Dru shrugged, "I panicked." Not to feel like an idiot, especially because he didn't think of it himself, he kept his mouth shut. Gru didn't want to make his brother feel proud of himself, just leading the way to the next place.

Horrific left it like that, showing me around the place.

Slowly following him with the walking stick, I tried my best to remember the things I see. In hope I might see Carl somewhere. Horrific seems to read my mind at this point, "He is in there...boiling up slowly." I gave him a glare. He didn't seem to be bothered though, "Oh shadow...a villain should never get to emotional to someone...it might be the biggest mistake they make." His grin turned evil, "The one think Robert didn't teach you, since he wasn't capable of doing so himself. Marrying a woman and having kids, theses are nothing for a true villain. Of course he divorced his wife, but still, he dared to do this step, this cannot be erased from his reputation."

"I thought you saw him as an idol"

"He was weak, the title of a legend was something he didn't deserve...but you...you might have what it takes to wear it with pride." He opened a door, where a robot came into sight. Ignoring the metal figure, Horrific continued to walk further into the room, which also had the lake of lave as well. Before I could follow him in, the door closed. The robot closed the doors with locks. Inside I heard Horrific shout out to me, not to trick him. Even so, the robot refused to let me get near it, speaking suddenly, "Are you a traitor Shadow?"

"What the hell are you talking about? Open the door at once!"

"I can't"

"Why not?" the robot's suddenly changed, to someone I knew.

"Because if I do, I would be good...but you should know me...I always been a baaaaaad boy."

Taking off the helmet, he showed his face, posing like in his series. I never thought I would say this, but I was really glad to see him, giving the actor a light hug. Horrific was trapped, that leaves Wendigo left, but where was he? Is he also strong as Horrific? I still don't know there plans, but with Bratt at my side, it might be a lot easier to take him down.