Chapter 19: Application

"Why do you need these files?" Nam asked as she gave me the documents I asked her for. "Application for nanny? You're out of your mind, Freen!"

Nam crossed her arms and looked at me with her squinting eyes. I plastered a tight smile and put the documents inside the envelope.

Today, I'm going to meet Becky at the mall. She's the one who schedules this and she doesn't want to meet me in her house for safety purposes. She wants to check if I can be trusted.

"Then what about the promotion, hm?" Nam asked her brows. "Don't tell me you're going to neglect your job again for Becky."

"Becky's more important, Nam." I stood up after closing my shoulder bag that I'm going to bring later. "Blew can advertise the product alone. I need you to cover up for me. Just this once, okay?" I patted Nam's shoulder and giggled.

"If the agency finds out, I'll be doomed. Make sure to come back, Sarocha. Do you understand me?" Nam shouted because I walked away from her.

I raised my thumb to ensure that I heard her.

I was walking in the lobby when some of my supporters recognized me and asked for a picture. I told them that I was sick and excused myself politely.

They all let me pass and asked me to rest. I smiled and waved at them before entering my car and driving off to the mall where I need to meet Becky.

Finally, after many long years. I finally found you.

The moment I entered the restaurant, my hands started to tremble as I sat before her.

Becky looked calm and her face matured a lot. She no longer looked like a baby. She looked like an expensive woman while I was only wearing faded jeans and a simple plain black shirt.

"May I see your documents?" Becky asked and I immediately handed her the envelope.

I was looking at the floor while playing with my fingers nervously. Would she remember me if she saw my face? Should I let her see my face?

"Can you lift your head? If you don't trust your face, how can I?"

I slowly lifted my head and looked at her in the eyes. Becky was taken aback for a moment and knitted her brows.

"What's your origin?" Becky asked and looked at my files. Her hands started to shake, so I helped her find the paper where my personal information was written.

"Why? Is there something wrong?" I asked, acting like I didn't know anything.

She must be surprised that I looked exactly like her children.

"Did one of my children give you my business card?" she asked again.

I nodded. "I met them..." I paused. I couldn't tell her that I saw them at the airport. I should look like a person who badly needed this job. "And they pitied me. They told me that their uncle would give me a job."

"That's weird. My children don't like to have a nanny. I tried to find them one but they always chased them away." Becky averted her gaze. "Anyways, you're hired. Although you didn't have enough experience being a nanny. You have a bachelor's degree. Are you sure you want to be a nanny only?"

"I'll save up first. Then I'll find a decent job after this," I answered.

Becky nodded and put my envelope inside her bag. She then stood up and threw me a car key.

"Let's go to my house. I'll introduce you to them."

My eyes widened. Can she trust someone like this? She only met me today. What if I am a bad person?

"Don't stare at me like that. I still have a meeting. Let's go," she said and turned around.

I followed her until we reached the parking lot. It was only us and she let me drive her car.

Does she know how to ride now? How can she go here alone?

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"Kids, mommy's home!" Becky shouted the moment we entered her house.

It is a massive house for three!

"New nanny!" Fern and France ran but they went to hug me, leaving Becky in disappointment. "I knew you would accept my offer," France said as he pulled me into the living room.

I turned to Becky and she only smiled at me and motioned to go along with them.

I followed Fern and France into their playground and they made me wear a flower crown.

"You're the queen I'm going to protect," France said and grabbed his toy sword from the floor.

Fern pouted and crossed her arms. "What about me?" she asked with knitted brows.

"Then you're my princess," I said and smiled at her.

Fern giggled and hugged me tight.

I didn't know how to explain this overwhelming feeling. It's not the first we see each other but it feels like I've known them for years.

I miss them so much.

"Fern, France. Have you eaten your lunch?" Becky came into the living room while the two kids were hugging me. She faked a smile and put down the fruits on the table.

"Mommy prepared fruits. Let's eat?" I asked.

They both nodded and ran toward their mother and hugged her before sitting on the chair.

While they were eating, Becky motioned me to follow her outside the playroom so I did.

"How did you do that?" she asked.

"What?"

"How can you tame them instantly? They are hard-headed you know?" Becky chuckled. "They never obey me."

"Maybe because you're spoiling them. It's hard to be a single mother," I said.

Becky nodded and looked at the two enjoying their food. "Then can you help me so I won't be a single mom?"

I tilted my head in thought. "Sure. How can I help you?"

"Be with us for the meantime. Until I can raise them alone."

Don't worry, Becky. I'll be with you until they can stand on their own feet. I won't leave you again.