Chapter 1: Club

Do you know what's the hardest thing about being in love unconditionally with one person? When you give her all of you then suddenly she will vanish without leaving the pieces you give.

This was not the first time Freen left. I thought I could handle the pain. I could be the same person again, but it hurts me every time I remember that we were once in love–madly in love with each other.

I didn't know what happened, and I didn't know why she thinks that way. Marry a man? Seriously? If she wants a man, then why does she have to leave Heng in the first place? Why does she badly want to escape from his grasp?

I forgot the part that he's a cheater.

Well, if Freen likes to have a man, why did she ask for my hand? For a marriage?

"No, she doesn't need a man. She needs something I can't give. She's looking for more than love." I whispered to myself. "What is it?"

"Look who's busy reviewing for her upcoming exams," Nat teased and snatched the book. I was reading. His eyes narrowed and looked closely at the title. "How to move on in easy steps? What is this piece of junk?" He threw the book in the bin.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I told him off.

I trod heavily toward the bin and picked up the book. I turned to Nat and he was grinning while now sitting on my swivel chair.

"If you badly want to sit on my chair, you should apply as a CEO. I want to resign." I rolled my eyes and pushed the chair away from the table with force, causing him to fall off.

"That's not so nice of you, Rebecca Patricia! Once I see Richard I will tell him about that behavior of yours!" Nat scolded me, and I only mocked him.

"Go ahead and tell him. I don't care. Besides, I haven't seen him for years. I almost forget that I have a brother," I rejoined and crossed my arms as I sit on the bean bag chair near my bookshelf.

Nat stood up and walked up to me and sat beside me although he knew that we weren't fit in the small space of this freaking chair.

"You don't need to move on, you moron. It's been weeks since your wedding got canceled. And here you are, doing great." Nat reached for my hands and clasped them together. "Freen's right, you need a man to start a family."

A brilliant idea flashed into my mind.

"Right. Freen doesn't need a man. She wants to have a family. She wants a child!" I beamed at him, causing him to roll his eyes.

"You two can't have a child. You need sperm," Nat said.

I grabbed my purse and threw it on him, causing him to grunt. "I'll find her."

I was about to go out when Nat grabbed my arm and flicked my forehead. "Where will you find her?"

I literally forgot that part.

I went back to my beanie and crossed my arms as I sulked. Nat shook his head and leaned on the bookshelf beside me.

I know he's looking out for me ever since the wedding got canceled. He was there to comfort me though after reading the letter no tears came out from my eyes.

I haven't cried since that day. Maybe I forgot that also.

"Go to the doctor today. I notice that these past few days you've been forgetting a lot." Nat rolled his eyes and handed me a paper containing different neuropsychologists' names.

Honestly, I sometimes forget that Freen left me. After work, I'll come home looking for her. I don't know what's got into me, but this is for sure.

I am not crazy.

"Let's go clubbing," I invited Nat out of the blue, but he refused.

"You have meetings tomorrow." He heaved a sigh and wanted to add more but he stopped himself. "I don't want to remind you over and over again. I'm out!" Nat raised his both hands and went out of the office.

"Then I'll go alone."

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

After three hours of drinking vodka, I began to feel dizzy. These past few days I haven't had this kind of feeling. You know, it's been weeks since my world stop rotating.

"Another please." I pouted at the bartender and he shook his head. "Why are you refusing me? Do you know that I'm Rebecca Armstrong? I'm Freen's ex-fiance!" I scolded him but he looked away to tend to another customer.

"I'll rate this bar three! You don't know how to serve your customer well!" I yelled at him and tried to get out of my seat, but I felt so heavy.

I thought I was going to stumble on the floor, but someone held me and took me back to my seat.

"What do you you're doing here at this hour?"

I couldn't see the voice owner because my vision getting blurry as I blinked. She was holding me in her arms and I could feel that she was infuriated.

"You smell like someone I can't remember," I said and hiccuped.

The lady grabbed my hands and held me firmly. She tried to carry me but I resisted.

Is she going to abduct me? Hell no!

"I know that I'm gorgeous but you don't have the right to carry me whenever you want!" I yelled again since the background noise was so loud. "Hey mister, aren't you going to call the bouncer? This girl is kidnapping me."

The bartender ignored me.

Okay, I don't have someone to protect me.

"Fine, where do you want to go?" I asked the girl, but she carried me bridal style on her arms without giving me answer.

I'll just sleep I guess. I'm really dizzy.