PROLOGUE

"Becky!" Nam sprinted toward me while breathing heavily. She's wearing her bridesmaid gown and her heels were on her hands.

Nam sat on the vacant chair near me as I waited for what she was going to say.

Today is my wedding day, but Freen is late. She's never late for every rehearsal. She's the early bird. She's the excited one yet she's late today.

"Freen is nowhere to be found," she said and coughed.

I dropped the bouquet in my hand and immediately asked my driver to go back to our hotel room where I left Freen this morning.

We've been planning this wedding for two years and no one intervened. We were living peacefully for two years, and now someone was trying to steal her again from me.

"Please, drive faster."

I couldn't help but worry. I know Freen can protect herself but what if someone abducts her while she's off guard?

I tried to prevent my tears and look calm although my mind is full of worries. I shifted my attention outside the window of the moving car, staring at the dullness of the road.

When the tires screeched and parked at the front of the edifice. I immediately went out and ran to our hotel room, only to see the neatness of the room.

And that's when the truth strikes me.

Freen wasn't abducted. She left.

My knees weakened as I tried to swallow the lump in my throat. I grasped the table beside me and felt the thin rough thing that touches my fingers. It was an envelope that has "To Becky" on the back.

My heart beats fast than its average rate as I open the mysterious letter left for me. I know that this is from Freen, but I am afraid of what it contains.

Becky,

I'd never been so happy in my entire career until I found you. You're the one who gave me the genuine happiness I'd been looking for. You're the one who loves me in times I don't even love myself. You're the one who opened my eyes and showed me how beautiful love was. However, Becky, love is much more than that. I thought after two years of living with you, I can finally have peace of mind. I found peace with you, but it wasn't enough. I'm still battling with my own mind. I found a sanctuary, but I was an albatross.

Thank you for staying with me through the ups and downs. I'm glad to have you by my side whenever I feel alone. Thank you for staying and building a house, but I'm sorry, Becky. I won't be coming home.

You're like a moon, you still shine wherever you go. Even in the darkness, you're beautiful and everyone admires you. And I'll be just like the sun. Far, but I'm still here.

I'm sorry for leaving without a proper goodbye. I love you, but I don't want to feed you with lies. Thank you for agreeing when I ask for your hand, and sorry because we both know that at the end of the day, we should marry a man.

Freen.