Chapter 16: Offer

"You will never get out of this hellish company, Freen," Richie said with finality. "The contract is a contract, however, I can't do anything if your movie got canceled."

I rolled my eyes. I knew this would happen.

I received news from Nam that the movie we were was canceled due to unknown reasons. So she asked me to ask Richie since he wasn't answering her calls. I didn't bother informing Blew about this since he would find out soon and I was not in the place to tell him such terrible news.

"You want to keep me here even though you're mad at me. Why?" I asked in a stern voice.

A few weeks ago he was begging me to stay in his company and now he didn't want to give me any projects and canceled one of mine. What did he want me to do? Stay even though I didn't have anything to do here?

"Ask yourself, Freen." He smirked at me. "You think after what you did to my sister, I'll let you live happily?" He scoffed and shook his head.

"You're acting like you care about her when in fact you were not there during her worst times." I chuckled sarcastically, causing him to turn his hand into a fist.

"I was there, Freen. You only didn't see me because it was you who wasn't there," he whispered to my ears and motioned me to go out.

I twisted the knob and I saw Blew the moment I opened the door. He was standing outside with his arms crossed while pacing back and forth. He only stopped when he saw me and immediately grabbed my arms and pulled me into one of the dressing rooms near the CEO's office.

"What do you want?" I asked irritably.

Who permitted him to drag me whenever he wanted? We were once colleagues but now we're different species.

He looks like a parasite now.

"Let me go!" I almost shouted at him and grabbed my arms from him. "What the hell was that?"

Blew looked around to see if someone was looking at us, causing me to roll my eyes.

"There are reporters everywhere. If you go alone, they will crash you." Blew heaved a sigh and looked at me intently. "Let me go with you. I'll drive you home."

I didn't know what happened to me but it was like in a movie. The surroundings stopped and all I could see was his concerned tantalizing eyes. He looked so worried and it felt genuine.

Or maybe I'm only missing someone who looks at me the same way.

I shook my head to erase the thoughts in my head. This can't be. I shouldn't think this way.

"Are you sure? Even in the parking lot?" I asked, trying to avoid his gaze.

"Yes. Let me drive, Freen. Please," he reached for my hand and gently caressed it.

I lifted my head but he was looking at our hands now.

Why can't I feel something with your touch? Why can't I look at you the same you do at me?

"Now forgive me if I'll do this," Blew said without further ado, he intertwined our fingers together, and we ran to the parking lot.

He was right. There were a lot of reporters outside and all of them had blinding flashes on their cameras.

Blew covered me as he covered his face and lowered our heads together. We ignored them although they kept chasing us.

I wanted to ask where are the guards but then I remembered that Richie didn't care if we were on the headline tomorrow.

The news of the canceled movie spread like wildfire and most of my fans were mad not only at me but also at Blew. I don't know why but the article that released the statement of my agency said that I decided to cancel it.

WHERE DID THEY GET THAT STATEMENT? I NEVER TOLD ANYONE THAT I WANT TO CANCEL IT.

I want to clear my name, but it will only waste my time. I have many things to do and one of those is getting rid of these reporters around us.

Blew and I reached his car unharmed. Thankfully, no one pulled him or what.

I typed my address on Blew's GPS, causing him to look at me with furrowed eyes.

"You changed address?" he asked.

"No, I'm going home to my mom. Drive." I prompted and put my seatbelt on.

Blew chuckled and shook his head as he fastened his belt. He stepped on the gas, leaving the ugly reporters behind.

Finally, I can breathe.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"Can we talk?" I asked Blew the moment I came out of his car.

He was looking at me from the driver's seat with knitted brows. Perhaps, he wasn't used to me, inviting him over since I was always pushing him away.

I want to say something about the canceled movie. I know that it's my fault that he has no project now. I dragged him into this and apologizing is the only way I know.

"Sure, where?" he asked and went out of his car.

I motioned him to follow me, but my mom greeted us with open arms.

I rolled my eyes when she hugged Blew tighter than she hugged me.

"Is he your new boyfriend, Freen?" she asked delightedly and looked at Blew as if she was mesmerized by his beauty.

"Mom, she's my on-screen partner. Can let him go, now? We have something to talk about," I said politely for her to let go of him.

Mom nodded and gently patted Blew on his arms before motioning him to follow me.

Blew smiled at her and lowered his head as he walked in my direction. I shook my head in disappointment and went to the back of our house where our swimming pool was located.

We sat on the chair under the patio and heaved a sigh before looking at him. He leaned his chin on his palm and looked at me as he tilted his head.

"Stop looking at me like that," I told him. It's awkward. It doesn't give me butterflies... more like caterpillars.

"If you're going to apologize for what happened, don't."

I raised my eyebrows.

"Why?"

"Someone offered me another project from your rival company. They told Nam that they were willing to pay the fine to get us." Blew bit his lower lip. "What do you think?"

The offer is tempting.

But what if she comes back? What if she forgot that she was mad at me? What if she'll look for me in the company?

"Can I think about it first?"