Chapter 8: Surrogacy

The white exterior of the massive hospital greeted my vision. This is the third time my doctor asked me to come for news. The first two pieces of news were about how couldn't they perform the surrogacy and the second one was that the person I hired backed out.

I stood in front of the familiar door that I haven't seen for almost weeks. I've been looking after Becky and it didn't stress me out. During those past few weeks, she didn't forget who I was or what was my reason for staying at her house. It was like were still living under the same roof just like before when we were still together.

But I must admit, that throughout those years I wasn't faithful to Becky. I kept the truth from her that I was seeing a doctor for surrogacy. It took me two long years before I finally found the courage to break up with her and tell her my reason.

I know it's a selfish act, but I want to have a child and create a family. However, the fact of loving a man scares me.

What if he'll hurt me again like Heng did? What if he only wants my body? What if he cheats? Many questions are running into my mind. I'm afraid.

"I found someone who can carry your child, but this surrogate mother is expecting more than the price you can offer." The doctor motioned me to sit down on the couch before her. "Are you still willing to hire her?" the doctor asked me.

I don't have a choice. I have enough savings and I can take care of her. I will do everything for her to bare my child.

And this is the reason why I'm clinging to Becky now. I can't pay the fine because all my savings are meant for this.

"I told you that if someone agreed, you should do the process, right?" I scolded the doctor, but she only rolled her eyes.

"I did. I only asked you if you can because if you can't I will lend you some money," she said and shook her head.

The doctor handed me the folder containing the information about the mother. I was about to open it when she suddenly snatched it again from me.

"Always remember that you have to take care of her okay? From now on, you'll act as her partner and do everything she asks." She opened the folder and scanned it. "She was healthy actually. I ran some tests on her and she passed as a mother."

The doctor gave back the folder to me but didn't let it go. We were both holding onto it now.

"Take care of her okay? She's the only one who agreed after years of waiting. It's been two weeks since—"

My phone suddenly rings and it was Becky calling me. She also messaged me that she wanted to eat.

"I'll talk to you on the phone, is it fine?" I asked my doctor, but she only furrowed her eyebrows.

"Is that an emergency?" she asked back.

"Yes," I replied and grabbed my purse. I immediately walked out of the room and went to the parking lot.

Becky's dizzy. I need to go back right away.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

The moment I entered her bedroom, she wasn't there. She was in the bathroom, burping. What did she eat again?

"Hey, what did you eat? Come here," I said as I helped her stand up but she shook her head as she vomited again on the toilet.

I immediately turned around for me not to see it. Her deep breaths made me worry so I held her hair back. Becky's eyes welled up and started to cry.

"I told Richie last month that I wasn't feeling well so we went to a doctor, yet it got worse." She sobbed.

I grabbed a face towel and wiped Becky's face to wash her.

"Why didn't you tell me? I could bring you to a doctor," I said as I tied her hair back using the ponytail I always have on my wrist.

"I thought you'll find me a nuisance. So, I didn't bother."

I rolled my eyes at her answer.

I helped Becky stand up and change her clothes. At first, she was shy when I was unbuttoning it but she only looked away to hide her redness.

"I've seen all of you," I reminded her, causing her to cover her face.

I tapped her arms so she would remove her hands from her face because I couldn't take off her top.

"I can change on my own," she whispered.

"Okay. I'll be in the kitchen. I'll cook dinner for us," I said and went out of the room.

After I closed the door of her bedroom. I held onto my chest as my heart started beating so fast. Damn. What was that? Why am I so turned on while changing her clothes? This is not good.

After an hour Becky went to the kitchen wearing a dark gray satin camisole dress. Her steps were sure where it was going and she stopped at the chair beside me.

Becky put a cheque on the table and motioned me to get it, causing my eyebrows to furrow.

"That's my pay last time. You can take it, and get out of this house."

I didn't know what happened, but her mood changed greatly. Becky sat on the chair and started eating.

She didn't want me here so she was doing this. Maybe she got sick of my scolding every time she made a mistake. Is she expecting me to act like a girlfriend and not a mother?

"Don't worry. After this dinner, I'll leave. I won't accept your money. I can work," I respond and ate the dish in front of me.

It was complete silence throughout the dinner. After finishing washing the plates, I grabbed my keys and watched her go inside her room. She was pale and her footsteps were somehow heavy.

What's happening to you now? How can I leave if you're like this?

I shook my head and erased those thoughts. I guess Nat would be here tonight.

I went to the garage and saw Richard went out of the car and walked toward me as he panted. He even held my arms, causing me to look at him confused.

"Don't leave. I know you're leaving her again." Richard held his chest and breath slowly. "We won't tell anyone about your surrogacy baby."

My eyes widened.

"How'd you know about it?" I asked.

"I thought you asked Becky to carry it for you in secret?"

WHAT?

a/n: I won't be able to update again since I have lots of school works to do. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for waiting! I'll spoil you with updates once I'm done. Thank you!