Chapter 13: Unscripted

My body was aching when I reached the venue where were going to shoot for our scene.

I would act as a barista in the same coffee shop I bought coffee before. I hardly know the people here but they acted as if I was their regular customer when in fact I've been here not more than five times.

"You looked exhausted, what happened last night?" Nam asked me with a cheeky expression.

I rolled my eyes.

If only I could tell her that I regret seducing Becky last night. She didn't let me sleep.

"Becky and I exercised," I answered. "You know, for our figure?" I chuckled and watched the barista again.

"Okay. If you need something I'm in the vacant room." Nam patted my shoulder and raised her thumb at the girl who was teaching me how to make different coffees.

I turned to the girl again and watched her since I'm going to do that any minute now. The director was only preparing for the scene and Blew was in the fitting room, changing as a student.

The project we're making is kind of cliché. A student who owned the café fell in love with the barista who was older than her. Well, just like any other story, his family won't support their relationship so he has to choose whether the money or the girl.

Ending? I don't know too. They haven't told us yet. It wasn't on the script either because they revised it.

"Miss Freen. Are you and Blew dating? My friend saw you last night at the restaurant." The girl handed me a cup of coffee as she waited for my answer.

"There are things in this industry you won't understand unless you enter. So, I can't answer that question," I said and plastered a tight smile.

The girl nodded and lowered her head as she excused herself. I furrowed my eyebrows when she left because she wasn't finished teaching me. I didn't know how to operate that espresso machine.

"There you are. I've been looking for you for ages," Blew said and stood before me.

I looked at him and realized our height difference. He's younger than me yet way taller than me. Why does it so unfair?

"Stop exaggerating. Let's go back and practice our line." I grabbed his arms and pulled him to one of the vacant tables inside the cafe.

"What do you think of that girl?" Blew suddenly asked, pointing to the barista I talked to a while ago.

"What do you mean?" I asked with knitted brows.

Blew shrugged and looked at his script. "People in the company told me that you're bisexual. You like both genders."

I looked away as I heaved a sigh. Why do people want to know me? Can they gain something from invading my life?

"What about it?" I raised my eyebrows and looked at him.

Blew shook his head and plastered a tight smile. He looked around and when he saw Nam, he excused himself, turning the atmosphere into a calm one.

I hate people when they want to enter my private life. Does it have benefits to them?

An hour later the film started to roll. Everyone was in their place and I was at the counter, preparing and waiting for my scene.

When the camera rolls on me, I smiled and went in Blew's direction, carrying the coffee he ordered. I gently put the coffee on the table in front of him and bowed a little in respect for the customer.

I was about to go back to the counter when he suddenly called my name and gently grabbed my arm.

This wasn't on the script. I thought.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him. Everyone was looking at us as if they didn't want to correct Blew for his unscripted actions.

"What are you doing?" I asked in a shallow voice.

The director isn't cutting the scene and he let Blew do what he wants. I tried to look at him but his eyes were mesmerized and glued on me. Things were getting awkward now. I wanted to run but that would be unprofessional.

"Do you still remember me?" he asked.

Finally, he's back on the script.

I shook my head and removed his hands from me, but he suddenly pulled me by my waist, making me bump into his body. He was embracing me now, but my hands were avoiding his body.

I didn't want to touch him. This wasn't on the script.

Blew tilted his face and leaned in for a kiss, making my eyes widen. I immediately pushed him away and planted a violent slap on his face.

"Cut!" The director shouted and clapped his hands.

Everyone was amazed at our act except Nam who was looking at me worriedly.

I trod heavily to the director and was about to shout at him when Nam pulled my arms, away from the staff.

Blew was still standing where I left him and it looked like he didn't want to do the thing he did earlier.

"What was that?" I snapped at Nam the moment we arrived at the dressing room. "That wasn't written in the script!"

"Calm down!" Nam pushed me down to the couch gently and looked around to see if someone was hearing us.

"How can I calm down after what he did? Are they mocking me now? Who do they think they are?" I retorted.

Nam heaved a sigh and sat beside me. "Before the camera rolled, they asked Blew to do that without you knowing it. They want to see your real reaction," she explained.

I scoffed and run my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"That's it! I'm done!" I yelled at her and grabbed my purse.

I didn't want to continue this work. It would only ruin me, and my relationship with others–especially Becky.

"You signed the contract, Freen!" Nam shouted when I was about to walk out.

"I'll ask my wife to pay for it. I'll swallow my pride this time."