Chapter 14: Exhausted

I went home early because of what happened at the set. I didn't tell Blew and the director why I went home and asked Richie to fix it for me.

Of course, he wasn't glad about what I did, but I don't care. I want to go home. I want to see Becky.

"You're early. It's a wrap already?" Becky asked referring to the filming of my movie.

She was sitting on the couch while watching drama again. This time, she was digging into some fruits she found in the fridge.

My strides were heavy as I went in her direction. I lie down on the couch and put my head on her lap.

Becky put the plate she was holding on the table and looked at me with knitted brows.

"What happened, babe?" she asked. "Did your boss scold you?"

I faked a smile and shook my head. Now, she thinks that I am an office worker. She probably watched my previous drama where I was an office worker.

"I don't want to work in that industry again," I whispered under my breath.

Becky narrowed her eyes and gently lowered her head to hear what I was trying to say.

I motioned her to sit up straight because of her tummy. She might hurt the baby.

"I miss you," I said a little louder. "Can I sleep here for a while?" I asked and she nodded in response.

Becky caressed my hair, making me sleepy. I didn't notice the time and fell asleep on her lap.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

I woke up on the same couch, but this time Becky wasn't around. My neck was hurting because I didn't have a pillow and Becky didn't even bother to give me one.

"Becky?" I called her but no one responded.

I looked in the kitchen but she wasn't there. I tried to go outside and realized that it was already dawn.

How many hours I've been asleep?

I went inside our bedroom to see if Becky was sleeping there, but there was no sign of her. My shoulder dropped when I saw that it was clean.

Becky's things were no longer here. Her clothes, and everything.

Where did she go?

My footsteps were heavy and I couldn't take another step because of the heavy feeling, I'm feeling right now. My feet were frozen to the ground and the only thing that made me move was the letter on my vanity table.

I immediately opened it and I was right. It was from Becky.

Freen,
I'm writing this down because I had enough. If I give up on you, please understand how much that took out of me. I did everything to save this relationship, but I'm sorry if I got tired.

I wanted to surprise you a while ago, but I was the one who got surprised when I saw you kissing a man. I know I shouldn't be hurt because it was an act, but the fact that you lied to me hurt me more.

I love you so much, Freen. Although my friend and my family told me that you were no good for me, I still fought for us. I told them that you were the right person, even though all you did was leave me alone. I'm quite exhausted from being strong, but trust me I tried to hold on for too long.

You're a great partner, you know that? But not to me. I did everything to keep you, but you always wanted me to set you free. I got tired of holding on to our future because for you it's just another day. I tried to light up the fire but the embers were dying, Freen. My only choice is to run away.

I want you, but I also want someone who will make me feel at home. I don't want someone who will ask me to stay together and then leaves me alone. How can you ask for my hand if you don't want to be with me? I had enough, Freen. I'm so sorry.

I wish I could forget you but that's not how it works. I'm bringing your child with me and don't worry because I will take care of this baby.

If someday we ever meet again and you see me happy with someone, please just walk away. Please don't come near me because I don't know what I will say. However, I'm thankful to have you in my life. For once, I realized that I'm worth more than anything that has a price. Thank you for the years we spent together. Thank you for being my lover.

Don't look for me. I know you will because I have your child. So, don't. You can create a family with Blew, and I will create my own together with the baby inside my womb. Take care of yourself okay? I will be forever out of your sight. And for the last time, I will say I love you. Goodbye.

My heart sank with no chance of beating again. My world stopped at what she wrote. I didn't expect this. I didn't know that I'd been hurting her this much.

My knees weakened causing me to fall on the ground. While hugging the letter she wrote for me, I sobbed loudly. I couldn't help it. It hurts me.

Now, I know how much pain I'm giving her. She got tired of me, and now I am all alone.

Even though I couldn't see properly because of my blurry vision, I managed to look up to see if there were pictures on the ceiling but it only gave me more pain.

There weren't any pictures anymore.