Chapter 10: Cravings

Ever since I was a kid, I never imagined myself being a mother who's working hard for her family. At the age of 13, I told myself that I wouldn't work and give all my time to my baby, but this situation is a different story.

I grew up without parents because they were busy working so I was. We never got quality time, and all we talked about was money, renovations, business, and others. We never talked about something personal.

I don't want my baby to experience the same. That's why I am here at Richie's office today to ask him about the project he's offering to me weeks ago. I need to work for Becky and my baby. I need to work for my family. Even though I know Becky is well-off and she's richer than me now because of her father's influence. I still need to provide for our needs.

"Freen, you're already here." Richie entered to office, making me stand up. "Please wait for a moment, they're on their way."

"Who?" I asked confusedly and looked at the door but there was no one entering.

Richie chuckled and closed the door, and went to sit on his swivel chair. He motioned me to also sit on the couch where I was sitting earlier.

"I'll tell you your new project once he's here."

My eyebrows furrowed even more when said, "he." Who the hell is he?

The door opened and a guy who was 6 feet entered together with Nam. She looked at me as if we never knew each other.

Damn you. You still have lots of explaining to do once I get home.

"Great, he's here." Richie stood up and motioned the guy to face me.

He's a newbie. I can tell.

"Freen. Sarocha Chankimha." I smiled at him and he beamed.

He reached for my hand and shook it. "I'm Blew. I'm a fan of yours."

Another fan. The last person who grabbed my hand and introduced herself as a fan ended up being my lover. But I'm sure he wouldn't fall for me. He looks young. How old is he? 20?

"You're looking at me like I'm a child. I'm three years younger than you." He smiled again and let go of my hand.

I looked at Nam and Richie who were smiling at us as if they were shipping us already. Goodness, gracious. I barely know this guy! And for relationship's sake, I'm taken.

"You two would click together," Richie mentioned and crossed his arms without fading the smile on his lips.

Nam stood beside Richie and imitated his posture and raised her thumb, agreeing with what the CEO said.

I bet she forgot that Richie was the CEO and not a mere staff.

"Let's go to the conference room, so I can tell you about the project."

We all followed Richie to the glass room and immediately asked the staff to prepare the projector. One of the staff handed the remote to Richie and he motioned to us to sit.

"These are the projects lining up for the two of you. Some of them already have sponsored since it's your comeback movie, Freen. Lots of fans are waiting for you. So, whatever movie you release, they will surely watch it."

"I never thought you were this famous, Freen." Blew smiled at me and looked at the presentation again. "I'm glad to be paired with you." He added but without looking at me.

"When can we meet the director?" I asked because the boredom keeps striking me.

"Probably by tomorrow," Richie answered.

His phone rang so he excused himself, leaving me, Nam, and Blew inside the conference room.

Blew had the chance to look at me again and talked nonsense. I was being polite because he would be my partner for this project but I badly want to get him out of my sight.

"Freen, I would be your new manager. I would handle both of you," Nam smiled awkwardly and motioned me to talk properly to Blew.

What does she want me to do? Flirt with him? That's—sorry for the term but it's gross. No one could turn me on aside from the person who was waiting for me at home.

I wonder what she's doing right now. Is she alright? Does her maid serve her properly? What if her maid goes home early?

"I need to go home," I mumbled.

Nam looked at me with furrowed brows. "But Richie's still outside. You should ask his permission."

"I will. Bye." I stood up and went out.

Richie was still talking on the phone and I gestured that I would be going home and he nodded in response.

I went to the parking and before I could enter the car someone called my name.

It was Blew.

What the hell is he doing here? Is he coming home with me?

Blew panted as he walked in my direction.

"What do you want?" I asked but hid my annoyance.

"Can I ask you out sometime?" he asked while chasing his breath.

"You mean dinner?"

"Yes."

"Okay, but I'm sorry I have to go now." I turned my back when he suddenly grabbed my arm.

"Take care," he said sweetly and gently messed my hair.

What the heck? Are we close?

I removed his hand from me and finally entered my vehicle. I stepped on the gas and drove fast to go home.

I need to talk to the maid since I'm going to be busy these days. I need someone to take care of Becky while I am working.

It was already afternoon when I arrived home. The traffic was so heavy and I couldn't counterflow.

When I entered the living room, I saw Becky watching again some dramas. She turned to me with a blank expression and heaved a sigh.

Thank God, she's okay.

Becky walked to me and cupped my both cheeks. She then pressed her lips to me, making my body stiff.

"That's my cravings for today. Thanks for coming home early."