The Weekend - Kosma x Reader

Requested by f0rbearance.

...

"Oh, (Y/N)!" A pair of shoes make their way over to you, ceasing your movement. It belonged to one of your classmates. "Do you have a few minutes to spare?"

You glanced at the door for a brief moment. The spot was empty. You return your gaze to the girl before you.

A few minutes couldn't hurt. "What is it?"

"Our class is going out for karaoke tonight. Do you want to come with us?" She asked.

Your response came in an instant.

"I'm afraid I'm busy tonight. Maybe next time." You finished packing your things and turned to her with a smile. "If you'll excuse me, my friend is here."

"Friend?" She watched as you took your bag and headed to the door where a green-haired boy was waiting. He was on his phone. The boy noticed you and immediately put his phone inside his pocket. The two of you talked for a few seconds before walking out the door, leaving your classmates in wonder. "I didn't know (Y/N) had a boyfriend."

Though she suppose it wasn't that much of a surprise. It was you she was talking about.

...

"What did that girl want with you?" Kosma asked as soon as the two of you were out the door.

"She asked if I wanted to go to karaoke."

"Did you say yes?"

"I told her that I was busy."

The boy beside you heaves a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness. I still have a chance."

"What was that?"

Kosma blinks. His face turns red, realizing that he said his thoughts aloud. The male quickly clears his throat.

"Ah, it's nothing. Since you don't have any plans..." Kosma's voice becomes quiet. "... I was thinking we could spend the weekend together."

There was a stilling silence between the two of you as you absorb what he was trying to say.

"Together?" You repeated.

Immediately, Kosma thought the worse of your response. "Unless you have something else to do..."

"I don't have anything planned for the weekend." You cut him off before he could dwell on such thoughts. "What are we going to be doing?"

"Oh! Umm, there's a new update on Honkai Impact..." He scratched the back of his head nervously. "I thought it would be nice if the two of us could explore the update together."

"Just the two of us?" You slowly asked, almost hopeful.

Kosma nods and glanced at you. "Is that... okay?"

Despite his cool composure, you could see how nervous Kosma was. The way he fidget with his sweater as he awaited your answer... It was kind of cute. You bit your lips, stopping yourself from voicing such thoughts.

"Sure." You casually place your hands behind your back and stared up at him from beneath your lashes. "So it's a date then?"

His eyes flicker downward for a second. Before you could say anything, Kosma swiftly turns his head to the side. The motion was so fast that you thought he might have snapped his head.