Interlude-Kevin Kaslana Memories

A/N: While I was writing for the Kevin Kaslana request "Rebirth of a Soul" I made two rough drafts. Ultimately, I chose one of the drafts and left the other one to the side. It felt like a waste so I decided to use it since it was like a continuation of "Rebirth of the Soul".

...

Kevin Kaslana's heart had ceased when his love perished from his world. For 50,000 years, he lived in solitary and without warmth. All that remained of the hero was a frozen shell, hollow and devoid of sense, with only one thing in his mind: annihilate Honkai whatever the cost.

His heart that had been frozen hesitated under the knowledge that you have come back, but not as you once were.

i.

Back in his youth, the snow white-haired male never planned to transfer to Senba Academy. That changed when you conveyed to him your desire to transfer to Senba Academy. Kevin, who had acquired feelings for you, wasn't about to be left behind so he decided to accompany you on your journey.

He studied hard for the exams and it paid off. Three months passed and his popularity skyrocketed.

The new transfer student, Kevin, quickly become popular amongst the female students at the academy. Many hoped to claim the Prince's love for themselves, but he had already set his sights on someone— you, his childhood friend.

During your stay at Senba, you spent the majority of your time by the bleachers to either watch him play or do your schoolwork. Today, you had your nose stuck in a book.

"(Y/N)!"

You managed to catch the flying projectile that was thrown at you. The 'culprit' behind the projectile sat next to you, intentionally sitting close to you that your shoulders touch. He opened his package to obtain the sweet bread that was inside. You stared at him, clearly bothered. He noticed the frown on your face.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing." You swiftly turned your head away and cast your gaze down on the bread that sat on your lap."It seems the 'Prince' has many fans."

No matter how nonchalant you tried to sound, Kevin could tell in an instant that you were upset. He has known you since you and your mother moved next door. He knew when you were upset.

"Prince? Where did you hear that?"

"Words travel around fast." You deadpan as you fumble with the packaging of the bread. He raised a brow at your attitude."The girls were all calling you that."

His lips quirk in a smirk when he realizes what this was all about.

"Jealous?" He whispers as he leans closer to you.

Your cheeks flush a rosy hue.

With a hand on his chest, you push him back, clearly embarrassed at being called out. "Like I care about what the girls call you." You retorted.

Kevin lifted the package from your hands and opens the bag with ease. The white-haired male gives a charismatic smile leaving you dazed. He hands you the plastic bag.

"There's only one girl I want to be a prince for." He states as he stares deep into the pools of your eyes.

You stared back at him with wide (E/C) eyes, your words stuck in your throat.

Kevin thought that he could have spent the rest of his life happily by your side, but there's no such thing as a happy ending.

The 3rd eruption happened without warning. You and Kevin had been in your shared class when a loud explosion, followed by an earthquake, hit your school. People began to rush to safety, pushing other students out of the way, but Kevin remained undeterred. He took you by the hand, determined to keep you safe.