Family - Welt Yang x Wife! Reader

Requested by Corvus_IX.

...

"Why are there so many files..." You ask as you flicker through each file in the database. "Ugh, if it wasn't for Welt..."

"Stop complaining, (Y/N)" Einstein said to the complaining woman. "This is essential."

"I know, I know." You waved at the scientist through the screen. "It's just why are there so many? I haven't even made it through half of the data contained in this computer. You better hope I don't get caught."

Instantly, you turned behind you to see a couple of men bound up tightly. Some have been knocked out, but you left them where they were. You hoped that no one stumbles upon the bodies. All that effort would be wasted if you had to abort the mission.

"Schicksal won't detect you so long as we go through each file separately." Simply put, you'd have to go through each file one at a time to avoid detection. "However since we cannot see your side, we're relying on you to download the necessary files."

Which is exactly why the process was taking such a long time. There were thousands of data in the mainframe and a couple more thousands below that. The absurd amount made your eyes spin and you had to reread the file before going on to the next document.

"You better hope we find something—" Your voice gets lost when you spotted something amidst your search. You would have missed it if not for the picture attached to the log. The file popped onto the big screen. Your eyes scanned through the contents. After reading the entirety of it, you sat back in your chair and let out a hum, "This could be something."

"What is it?"

A grin made its way onto your face as you proceed to download the important document. You couldn't stop the jittery feeling dancing across your stomach. What you found could never be paid by any amount. It was too priceless to bargain.

It was the key behind your origin.

...

When your eyes peeled open, you were greeted by the sight of glass. It took you a minute to realize that you were trapped in a small space that was made to perfectly contain a human size body. The top slides open at the sign of your consciousness. You get up from the device with minimal effort. Daze (E/C) eyes gaze into the new world. Not a peep was heard.

"..."

Something stirred from within your heart. It was the feeling of unease. It felt heavy like it was dreading the moment the realization sank in.

The truth hit you. It was like someone splashed you with ice-cold water.

"Who am I?"

Only silence answered you.

...

You didn't remember your past. When you woke up in the new world, everything before the moment you went into hibernation, had faded into darkness. That's why you were excited about what you found.

"To think your background was kept within the Schicksal's database... It's no wonder why you weren't in any of the databases across the globe." Tesla states. "Otto probably didn't want us to discover this information. Explain why most of the information is still tightly secured."

"Heh." You laughed much to the redhead's irk.

"Hey, this isn't a laughing matter." She scolds, hitting you on the head with her hand earning a yelp from you. "I suppose you can't spy on the Overseer now that you've stolen this data."