Time Had Never Been A Problem - Fu Hua x Sister! Reader

Requested by NathaCherish.

...

"A child?" You bent—waist down, arms crossed—to have a look at the little girl nailed to your sister's side. "I'm surprised, Fu Hua. I didn't think you'd take in another one. What's this little one's story?"

"I saved her. That's all." The immortal reasoned, however, she could see that you weren't buying her explanation because of the smile dancing on your face. She sighs. "She lost her family so she'll be staying here for the time being."

Fu Hua stared at you and you knew she was asking you if the arrangement would be alright.

"Of course, she can stay." You bent down to have a glance at the blue-haired girl only for her to shuffle closer to your sister's side. "What's your name? I can't call you 'little one' forever you know?" Not that you wouldn't mind, but who knows if the name you've chosen struck a heartwarming or offensive cord in the girl.

The young girl came out from Fu Hua's side. You noticed she did not let go of your sister's hand and continued latched to her side.

"Cheng Lixue..." The girl answered, shyly.

"Well then, Lixue. Why don't we get you something to eat? Fu Hua's cooking is super I'll tell you."

"That's because my food is the only dish you eat."

"Oh hush you. Now you're bullying your younger sister."

"..."

Your sister sighs and turns away from you, finishing it meaningless to dispute with you.

She speaks to Lixue. "I'll be making dinner. You can wait with (Y/N) while I prepare you something to eat."

The little girl nods. The immortal heads to the kitchen leaving you in charge of Lixue for the time being. You turned and found the blue-haired girl still looking after Fu Hua even when the immortal has left her vision. A few seconds passed before you spoke to the little girl seemingly enamored with your sister.

"Do you admire, Fu Hua?"

The girl turned her head so fast, you almost thought she'd snap her deck. Her eyes were wide out of their sockets and her cheeks dusted pink at being caught. Instantly the girl shot her head down and began playing with her little thumbs, not denying your words.

You laughed, amused by the girl's reaction. "I'm not making fun of you, little one. I don't blame you. Fu Hua is someone to admire."

"Does she hate me?" Lixue asked all of the sudden.

You raised an eyebrow at her question. "Hate you? Why would you think that?"

"She doesn't smile..."

"There are small moments when that cold sister of mine is capable of a smile. You just have yet to see it." The girl stayed motionless. Your words might not have been enough to comfort her. "Lixue, how about I show you your new living quarters?"

The girl nods and takes your hand.

...

"What are you doing?" Fu Hua asked as soon as she finds you and Lixue.

The immortal had initially come to inform you and the girl that dinner was done, but had forgotten about it as soon as she stumbles upon a peculiar scene.

You simply smiled at her. "Isn't it obvious? I'm helping Lixue decide what clothes she should wear during her stay."

Fu Hua drops her gaze from your face to the clothing piece you were holding. "I doubt she has any need for... those."