Innocence - Kevin x Child! Reader x Hua

Requested by Jessica4089765.

"Kevin, there don't seem to be any survivors," Hua informed when she finished conducting her search around the area.

The two had been dispatched because MOTH had identified a distress beacon. When they arrived, all they found was a desolate wasteland. No survivors in sight.

Kevin nods to his comrade's statement and explain his findings."This town was flooded with Honkai energy, no one would have survived at such high levels."

She agrees with his assertion.

"There seems to be a laboratory in the distance. It doesn't seem to be a MOTH base."

"We should take a closer look."

The two warriors then heard a sound. They whipped their heads around only to see debris and rubble. No one was present except for them. The two stood in silence and survey the area.

"Kevin." Hua calls and points.

The white-haired male nods. He unsheathes his sword as Hua readies her stance. Together, they inched closer to the towering slab of metal, hushing their steps to not alarm their target. They halted and glanced at one another, nodding once before Hua quickly raises a hand to the edge in one swift and tight-lipped motion. She tightens her grip and with inhuman strength throws the debris aside.

Someone was indeed hiding among the rubble, but they'd never guessed—

"Mama?"

...

"How cute. So she started calling you 'Mama' after you rescued her." Mobius told in a sickeningly sweet tone, predatory eyes twinkling in amusement at the little girl concealed behind the youngest MANTIS.

"This isn't a laughing matter," Hua said with a crossed look.

Mobius ignores her tone.

"You said that you were ambushed by scientists?"

"Yes. It seems that they were looking for her." The blue-haired girl gesture to the girl behind her. "They demanded that we return the subject to their custody."

"From what our intel amassed, this girl was one of the surviving experiments from the base you and Kevin uncovered in the ruins. Shame that they're no longer around." Hua could tell by the tone of her voice that the green-haired scientist felt anything but disappointed. "She'd be a nice case study."

Her hand extends to you, but before she could satisfy her plans, a soldier stepped in her way.

Hua had taken a protective stance over you, her eyes narrowed at the scientist. Mobius would have laughed at how pathetic the little birdie looked, brave and righteous, like that would be enough to win against the Honkai. If that's all it took, they'd already defeated the Honkai.

"Well, that's fine." She spoke, not at all displeased by the young soldier's interference. "Let me offer you some advice, Hua. Being compassionate won't aid in defeating the Honkai."

The girl didn't say anything. She took you by the hand and steered you away from the scientist. Mobius watched as Hua left her laboratory.

"Hope is for fools."

...

"She's resistance to your powers?" The black-haired woman asked with slightly widened eyes. She stared at the Kaslana with attentiveness. "Are you positive, Kevin?"

MEI, MOTH's top scientist and Kevin's lover, was pleased by the news that the white-haired male revealed as it could be of use to humanity's survival. In contrast to her delight, Kevin felt dread settle in his stomach.