Proposal - Eden x Reader

Requested by RaidPilteliv.

...

Night had fallen yet the streets were still glowing with cozy warmth. Meanwhile, you were walking home in the cold snow. Your boots sink into the soft yet fragile surface. The snow crunched beneath your feet as you went by. Your breath came out in white puffs. No doubt your nose was red from the cold. The scarf snuggled right around your neck was ripped away from you by the strong wind. Your eyes clench shut, waiting for the tempered wind to die down before continuing on.

"Everyone's probably home... I wonder if Eden has made it back yet." You muttered to yourself.

Instinctively, you reached for your pocket. You had felt so sure of yourself when you purchased it from the jewelry store. Now that resolve was gone and replaced with fear.

'What if she refused?' You asked yourself before halting those thoughts. 'No, don't do that to yourself.'

You already bought the ring. You can't back out now. Your phone vibrates from your pocket. You look to see what the notification was.

Elysia: Kevin has cooked noodles for everyone. We've saved two bowls for you and Eden. Make sure to come home soon. 10:43 PM

You smiled at the pink-haired girl's heartwarming words. Then you realized, Eden had not come back yet. You looked up at the starry sky. You were hoping to catch sight of your girlfriend's plane, but there were no planes, only dark dusk. You kept staring at the sky, almost thoughtfully.

Finally, you said to yourself, "I should go home."

...

You used to be bullied a lot back in high school. Isolated from the crowd, you turn to what you love to do which was playing games. That's how your career as a streamer began. What started as one video became your whole life—your dedication. You never expected to make a career out of your hobby. From then, your life changed.

It was during one of your conventions that you met Eden. You had been sitting at your booth when a console was placed in front of you. You stared at the item for a while before glancing up. A woman with striking red hair was the next person in line. The strangest part was that she was wearing a mask and sunglasses.

You didn't dwell too deeply on the matter. It wasn't your business nor was it your right to pry into someone else's aesthetic choices.

"Would you like me to sign your console?" You asked and smiled at the person whom you believe was a fan.

The woman curtly nods. You found it peculiar as most fans wanted to interact with you.

'Perhaps this person was shy.' Regardless, you picked up your marker and signed your name on the console.

Once you finished signing the console, you hand the belonging back to the woman. "Alright, here you go."

The woman stared at the console, showing no interest in taking the item back.

"Miss? Is there anything else?" You wondered if you'd done something wrong.

You're sure you signed your name like every other penmanship you've done. What could be wrong?

She suddenly leans in. The fans behind you, already irritated with how long the stranger was taking, express their outrage at the woman for becoming so close to their favorite streamer. She remains unfazed, almost as if she was used to such treatment.

She whispers into your ears, "Please dedicate this to a girl named Griseo."

Her voice sounded like honey. You swallowed and scooted back. The temperature rises to your face.