Rebirth of a Soul - Kevin Kaslana x Reader

Requested by Jessica4089765.

...

You and Kiana had been on the run since Kiana had regained control of the herrscher within. With Fu Hua's aid, Kiana was able to suppress the persona. You stayed with her to make sure that she took care of herself so you put yourself in charge of her well-being. This meant that you had to go in and out of places to restock supplies while also being on the lookout.

During one of your runs, a man bumped into you, carrying the Kaslana lineage right down to the bone— albino with cerulean blue eyes. The air around him felt cold. You started to get goosebumps just by being in his presence. He apologized to you and offered to treat you to a meal despite your refusal.

In the end, you caved in and accepted his offer. You wound up regretting your decision fairly quickly as the stranger soon made you feel anything but safe. What you noticed was the way he looked at you, like he was trying to get underneath your skin to pick apart all that he needs from you. He asked you questions that you saw no harm in answering, but rather than feeling like he was trying to get to know you, it felt like you were being interrogated.

You then told him that you had to leave urgently, making sure to sound convincing to not out yourself. He stared at you with those piercing eyes of his to which you stared back. You held in your breath as you waited for his answer and you were relieved when he nodded.

You didn't hesitate to rush out of there, but when you turned back, he was still watching you even after you had left.

...

You had long since discarded the uncanny encounter with the mysterious man into the deepest part of your mind. The memory never surfaced again until a particular discussion.

Kiana had been asleep, moments before the talk of the white-haired man was brought up. Eventually, the snoozing Valkyrie arose from her slumber, and with her, an unusual tale to tell. She told the immortal, Fu Hua about her dream. Fu Hua had identified it as one of her memories. That's when the male you met in the city was brought up.

"Then... who's the guy talking to you in the dream?" Kiana inquired.

"Kevin Kaslana, the founding father of your House. He's also a Previous Era survivor of the Final Battle..." The rest of the immortal's words fell on deaf ears as you hung onto the familiar name that made your mind go blank.

Like that, you remembered the mysterious man back from the city.

"Did you say Kevin Kaslana?" You cut in.

Both girls glanced at you, their conversation coming to a halt.

Fu Hua nodded, not at all vexed by your interruption.

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

Your mind wanders back to the albino you met.

"I met him a few days ago..." You started and was quickly interrupted.

"Eh?!" The white-haired Valkyrie shouted in disbelief. "Why didn't you say anything?"

Fu Hua chastises her for her volume while you address her query.

"I didn't know entirely who he was until now. He only introduced himself as Kevin. I thought he was just a normal guy passing by so I didn't bother to mention him." You shrugged. "Thinking back, he did look striking like a Kaslana— the same white hair and blue eyes. The only reason I remember him was because of how strange he was."