Till Death Do Us Part - Su x Reader

Requested by Corvus_IX.

...

"I heard that you are married to another person in this realm, Su."

The Herscher's purple eyes trail down to the psychic MANTIS' finger which bore a silver ring. The (F/N) diamond glinted, almost mocking her. She wonders how she could have overlooked such a significant detail.

"Elysia told you." Su figured, sounding neither defensive nor aggravated.

"She didn't give me the specifics."

"It wasn't a secret, but I am married."

"To who?"

"(Y/N) (L/N), a long-time soldier of MOTH."

"I heard of her." Elysia had told her about Su's wife. "Kevin's sister."

"Correct."

"When did the two of you get married?"

"After the Herrscher of Binding."

"Why then?" If she recalled, the Tragedy of Binding left behind only three cities. The number of casualties was painstakingly high, to get wedded after such an event..."Getting married I mean."

"(Y/N) was uncertain if we would have another chance."

Once the words fell from the grey-haired male's lips and reached Mei's ears, everything stilled. The leaves above them seem to quiver.

"We wanted to have our wedding after the war, but the chances of survival were slim. After a near-death victory, (Y/N) decided not to take any chances and pushed our wedding in advance. I had no reason to deny her request."

"Who was invited?"

"All thirteen MANTISes came," Su said. "Even Mobius and Kalpas."

"They did?"

"(Y/N) is friends with them."

"..."

Mei remembers somewhere in Elysia's guide that there was someone Kalpas was friends with. She'd never reckon it was you, seeing as Kalpas didn't see eye to eye with Su.

"I have yet to meet her."

"She appears as you leave."

"Is she shy?"

"No. She's like Elysia, festive and loving. Compared to Kevin, she's like spring, a contrast to Kevin's winter." Su depicts with a faint smile.

"I see." She rarely saw such emotion on the MANTIS' visage. "I think I understand what type of person she is. Thank you, Su."

"There's no need for gratitude, visitor," Su said. "I will inform (Y/N) that you were looking for her."

"I appreciate it."

With that, the herrscher leaves. Su listens as the woman's steps fade into silence. A few beats of silence passed before Su felt someone hover over him. His lips struggle to contain a smile.

"The visitor was asking for you, (Y/N)."

Your lips curved into a smile.

"So I heard." You said, drawing a finger along the seams of his clothes. "Yet you didn't rat me out."

"Would you have preferred me to?" Your hand intertwined with his and you allow the grey-haired male to guide you into his lap.

"Of course not." You traced his jawline teasingly as he caressed your back, causing you to sigh. "It would have been so much trouble."