Friendship - Sirin x Reader

Requested by Glauxspeed.

...

"Have you gotten used to living here?" The white-haired woman, otherwise known as Cecilia Schariac, inquired to the young girl sitting at her kitchen table.

She continued washing the dishes: rinsing them and leaving them to dry. The purple-haired girl shuffled nervously in her seat, unsure of how to reply to her 'mother'. Sirin has been living well since the woman adopted her. She got her own living space and was even attending school. She even made a few acquaintances. Her days were well and good. There wasn't anything Sirin had to dislike.

"... It's okay." She replied, fidgeting with a strand of her purple hair. "I'm still getting used to it all."

"That's alright." Cecilia turns and smiles brightly at the young girl. She wipes her wet hands on a towel as she speaks to Sirin. "I know it's only been a few weeks, but it'll get easier, I promise." She places the cloth back on its hanger. "Oh, that's right. There will be a guest coming by. Her name is (Y/N) (L/N). She's an old friend of mine who used to be an S-Rank Valkyrie."

Used to be?

Sirin couldn't resist asking. "What happened to her?"

"Er... She sustained a fatal injury that made her unable to perform her duties as a Valkyrie." Cecilia recalls, but there was something about the woman's tone that said that there was more than just 'a fatal injury' but Sirin chose to remain silent. It wasn't her place to demand answers. "When she comes by could you entertain her for a while until I come back? I'm not sure how long I'll be gone. Perhaps you could ask her for help with your homework."

Doubt it, Sirin scoffs. However—

"Okay."

She would play nice. Only because Cecilia asked her to. That doesn't mean she'll actually get along with you.

...

Just like her mother said, a guest did come by. The purple-haired girl was finishing the rest of her homework when the doorbell rang. Kiana, who had been playing by herself, rushed past her to get to the door. Sirin had to come downstairs to open the door for their guest as Kiana was unable to due to her short stature. Sirin was met with a tall figure. She was just as tall as Cecilia but younger. She had (H/C) hair descending from her head accompanied by (E/C) eyes.

Sirin watched as you picked up the toddler begging for your attention. Something pass through your eyes, but it was too quick for the Herrscher to pick up. The Herrscher tensed when you bent down to her head level. Your face was inches apart from hers. It wasn't enough to be intrusive, but it was enough to make Sirin blush. It was clear that you only meant to shorten the distance between you two as she was shorter than you.

"May I come in?" You asked.

She hurriedly moved to the side to allow you in. You thanked her and stepped into the house after taking off your shoes.

Then you turned to the shorter girl standing stiffly against the wall. "You're Sirin, right?"

"Y-Yeah..." She recalled Cecilia's words. "Do you want... some water..?"

It seems she wasn't the only one who felt uncomfortable. Sirin noticed how guarded you were around her and her stomach dropped. Had she done something wrong? She didn't linger on her question so long as you receive her offer kindly.

"Water would be nice."

She stiffly nodded and heads into the kitchen. You head to the living room and set the little girl down. Kiana ran to play with her blocks while you set your things down on the coach. You sat beside the toddler. Kiana had just built a block tower during your absence. You clapped your hands.