Limited Time - Kevin Kaslana x Reader

A/N: I apologize for the long wait. I was busy last week and had trouble getting some inspiration on what to write for this particular request, but I hope you enjoy it regardless.

Requested by Everest151.

...

It felt like two ends of a magnet being attracted to one another. Attached to Mei was a string and at the end of the string was her, the Elysian Realm's guiding program.

"Hello, Raiden Mei. My name is (Y/N) (L/N), bearer of the Signets of Stability." You introduce to the new visitor of the realm. "Though most would be more familiar with 'Dr. MEI' than '(Y/N)'."

"Dr. MEI?" Mei knew that name well. It was the name of her carbon copy from the Previous Era. "You're MOTH's head scientist."

"It seems Kevin spoiled the surprise too early." You almost seem disappointed, but the Herrscher could tell you were simply feigning.

Mei took no time to ask her question. "Why do you call yourself by a different name?"

"I anticipated that your first question would be about my appearance rather than my name." You confess. "It seems that Kevin only told you so much."

"You didn't answer my question," Mei remarked before scanning over your form. "How many Flame-chasers know of... this?"

"I didn't." You agree with the visitor's statement and move to place your hand on your hip as you address her inquiry. "To answer your next question, only a select few are aware of my circumstance— you, Kevin, Elysia, and Vill-V."

"The others haven't realized?"

"The other Flame-chasers were not informed. However, Su likely knows. Nothing escapes his perception." You crossed your arms. "As for the rest, it's best to keep them in the dark for the time being."

"Why?"

"I'm afraid now isn't the best time to ask questions." You advised.

Mei was almost certain that you wanted her to drop the topic with the way you were looking at her like she had no choice but to comply like any other sim. She stared at you for a couple of moments, pondering if she should allow things to be. You simply smiled at her. After what felt like an eternity, Mei made a decision.

"I'll be leaving now." She announces.

You looked pleased with her choice and the loosened shoulders told Mei as much.

"A wise decision." You said. "Raiden Mei, if you are still curious, I'll be waiting."

"..."

Mei stared at you. Wordlessly, she turned and left, taking into account your invitation. For a few moments, you stood. When you were sure you were completely alone, you turn to look over your shoulder at the hidden figure lurking in the shadows.

"I never took you as an eavesdropper. It seems that there are things that even I don't know about you." The person steps forward to reveal a familiar face. "Kevin." You greet from behind, still staring at the taller male with an inquisitive look.

Kevin crossed his arms. "I was passing by."

Still as stubborn as ever, you thought. He was like a child who's been caught holding something he shouldn't be holding only to tell their mother that they were simply looking. You inwardly chuckle at comparing humanity's strongest human to a child of all things.

"Kevin, we both know that's not the entire truth." You remark, crossing your arms just as he has. "I'm your girlfriend. You can't lie to me so easily. Perhaps... you were worried?"