The Troubles Of Fame - Hua x Reader

Requested by MikaMikaYokaiMaster.

...

"This... should be the place." Hua glanced nervously at the building in front of her. "I should probably go in, right?"

She glanced down at the bento in her hand and sighed.

'If only (Y/N) had not forgotten to bring her lunch...' Hua thought before retracting her thoughts. 'There's no use complaining about it now. I only need to give this to her. Easy.'

The blue-eyed girl takes a moment to collect herself. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath which significantly helps to calm her nerves. Hua did this breathing exercise a few more times before finally heading inside.

Immediately upon entering the studio, Hua noticed that the inside of the building was tidied. She couldn't help but admire the place. The receptionist at the front counter notices Hua by the entrance and welcomes her with a smile.

She calls out to the seemingly lost girl. "Is there anything I can do for you, ma'am?"

"Ah, yes." Hua walks to the front counter. "Is (Y/N) here?"

"Are you an acquaintance of Miss (L/N)?"

"We're housemates."

The receptionist stared at Hua like she didn't believe her. Perhaps the amicable disposition the woman had put on was just a facade to hide her true feelings. Regardless, Hua remained unperturbed and even held her head high. Her eyes were trained on the receptionist, almost daring for the woman to speak. The two continued to stare at one another, neither one wanting to give in to the other. That is until someone cleared their throat, ending their little stare-off. Both the receptionist and Hua turned, curious as to who had interrupted them, and found that the culprit was a young woman donned in business attire.

"I apologize for interrupting your little feud, but I'm here to pick up Miss Hua." The woman said to the receptionist with a smile on her face. "Do you mind?"

Hua noticed from the corner of her eye that the receptionist gulped. She returns her gaze to the mysterious woman just as she begins speaking once more.

"Now then, Miss Hua. I believe (Y/N) is waiting for us. Shall we get going?"

...

"I'm glad that my manager made it in time to intervene. That person is infamous for her poor conduct." You said, not bothering to hide your dislike for the receptionist. "It makes me wonder how she got hired."

"Sooner or later she'll get what she deserves," Hua said before turning to you. "Lunch?"

"Yes please." Your girlfriend sets the bento down in front of you. She pulls off the lid. Immediately the aroma of delicious food filled your nostrils. If you weren't starving before, you sure were now. You thanked her for the food before digging in.

"Your food is always the best." You paused and put your chopsticks up to your mouth thoughtfully. "Although it's missing something."

"What?"

Your cheeky smile was all that was needed to send your girlfriend's face ablaze. Hua turns away, embarrassed at what you were insinuating. Did you not know that the walls have ears? Someone could be eavesdropping on your conversation right now and walk away with the topic of the month.