Confession - Kosma x Reader

Requested by fqiirytqlepixxl.

...

Griseo had taken a liking to the new combatant who transferred to MOTH's main base. She had been looking for inspiration when she came across you, a person who held a palette of colors she had never seen before. She was curious about you so Griseo began following you around. Of course, the painter's action didn't escape your vigilant eyes. It was hard to miss the little girl who was never too far. The 2nd Flame-chaser whom you had met upon your arrival took great amusement by this development.

"She's like a baby chick following after her mother." Elysia watches as the little girl pokes her head out from the wall. The blue-haired girl quickly darts her head back when she sees you looking at her. "Griseo seems to have found herself a new inspiration."

"..."

You say nothing to the pink elf's words. This went on for a while, but at some point, the painter had enough of watching you. She come up to you one day, tug on your cloth, and asked, "Do you want to meet Kosma?"

"Sure."

The little girl, having gained your permission, takes your hand, and leads you to meet the person called Kosma. That's how you end up meeting the 9th-ranking MANTIS.

"(Y/N), this is Kosma. Kosma, this is (Y/N)." Griseo introduce. "She's new."

The last part was unnecessary, but you didn't say anything.

The green-haired male nods and introduces himself to you. "I'm Kosma."

"(Y/N). I'm a new combatant." You provide.

He dips his head in acknowledgment. You noticed that Kosma wasn't as chatty as Elysia. He must not like interacting as much as the pink elf.

"Kosma." The boy's attention shifted from you to the shorter girl. "(Y/N) just transferred so she doesn't know her way around the base."

He knew what the blue-haired girl was asking. "I will show her around."

Griseo noticeably brightens. "Promise?"

"I promise." He smiles at the girl.

You look towards the painter.

"Don't worry. Aponia will be watching Griseo."

It took you a moment to realize he was talking to you. You did not know who the person the male spoke of was, but what you did know was that Kosma had read your thoughts. Had you been that obvious? You must have if he had caught the unspoken question you asked. You glanced at the little girl. Hesitantly you reach out to pat the little girl on the head, careful with the amount of force you used. It startled you when Griseo leans into your touch. Instinctively, you withdraw your hand. The painter stares at you.

"(Y/N) is shy." She says with absolute conviction. "She's not used to being about people."

You were stunned by her statement. Most of all, by how sure she sounded. The conviction that radiated from her almost seemed like... Your brows furrowed and your mouth opens. You didn't get a chance to question the painter.

"Griseo, I need to talk with the lady. Aponia should be in the meditation room. Be careful on your way there. I'll be back after I give (Y/N) a tour of the base."

"I got it."

Then the blue-haired girl left, leaving the two of you alone. Kosma looks at you. He had an anxious look etched on his face. You can only assume the reason for his expression was because of Griseo.