Will of Himeko - Himeko Murata x Reader

A/N: Long story short, I forgot I had this request. It was after I checked the comments that I realized. I apologize for not noticing and taking this long to rectify my mistake. As they say, better late than never.

Requested by i4nakiri.

...

Himeko Murata was defeated by the Herrscher of the Void. That was an undeniable truth. She sacrificed her life to save her beloved student. She was a hero yet a fool.

"I promise to return with Kiana. While I am gone, take care of the girls for me. Okay?"

"..."

You stood as water pellets drip down your skin. The sky cried that day. It was like Mother Nature was lamenting the passing of Himeko Murata. A sigh escaped your lips and you stared at the can of beer in your hand.

"It seems like this was a waste after all."

A person stood behind you, holding an umbrella over his head.

"There's no longer a need for you to stay, (Y/N)."

The world was beyond saving. It would only be a matter of time before the End descends and rid the world of its inhabitants. Time was of the essence. You had no time to loiter around.

"... Let's go."

St. Freya was never your home. You do not need to extend farewells. The girls would grieve for their loss and push forward.

"..."

You glanced at the can in your hand before putting it in your inventory. Your feet carried you back to base. You never looked back, not even for a moment.

....

Why was she here? That was the question that appeared in your mind.

"I'm glad. It looks like I wasn't too late." Himeko Murata stood before you now, alive and well, just like the last time you saw her. "Now that we're face to face, the words I've recited to myself disappear. Long time no see, (Y/N)."

You didn't say anything, unable to comprehend how you were able to see your teacher. Was she a ghost? A remnant of the original Himeko? Or... was she the real Himeko? You stayed silent and the once-deceased woman took it as a sign to address the elephant in the room.

"I'm sorry for not keeping my promise. I intended to come back but..." She lets out a broken laugh, one that was fake and forced, unlike her usual confident nature. "I wanted to see you before I had to go."

Go.

You clench your eyes shut. Of course, miracles were short-lived, never long, but also never brief. You open your eyes, still choosing not to say anything.

"Hey." It didn't go past her how quiet you were. "Won't you spare your teacher a few words?"

The look on her face made your callous exterior soften, but not enough for you to forget.

"What do you want me to say? Welcome back?" Your voice rose to match your anger. "You broke your promise to me." You said in a soft voice.

Her face contoured to regret at the sound of your voice. "Of course, I'm aware of what I did. As your teacher, I couldn't even keep my word. You must be mad."

"I am." You didn't sugarcoat your words.

"I anticipated this conversation would go this way, but experiencing it can never compare to picturing it. Is it too much to ask for forgiveness?"