Broken Promises and A Shattered Blade - Kiana Kaslana x Reader

Written by MaTcHu0210.
Requested by AlexanderTheKrew.

...

"Hey, (Y/N)?" A red-haired girl asks, turning her head toward you.

"Yes, Himeko?" You respond.

"What would you want as your weapon if you become a Valkyrie?" Himeko asks.

You turn to her. "When, Himeko. Not if. We promised each other that we would become Valkyries, remember?"

Himeko chuckles "Right. When we become Valkyries then. What would you want for a weapon?"

You put your hand on your chin, thinking to yourself. You never really gave that much thought.

Ever since you had started attending St. Freya to become a Valkyrie with Himeko, you never gave weapons much thought. You were flexible with your choice of slaying Honkai. Guns, katanas, great swords, canons, scythes, you could use them all with great accuracy. So to choose one to be your defining weapon was not something that crossed your mind at all.

You sigh. "I do not know... What about you?"

Himeko smiles "A great sword, I'd love nothing more than to swing it at the Honkai. It's strong, and it'll slay any who come across its blade!"

You smile at Himeko's confidence. Even as a kid, she's always so confident in herself. It's almost inspiring.

"Well... what of Valkyrie Wings?" You asked the redhead.

The redhead continues, "Wings? Won't those just get in the way? Wouldn't it be better to have a jetpack or something?"

You pout, but agree "Well, you have a point...however..."

Himeko looks to you with anticipation, while you continue with a small smile on your face. "It may be troublesome to have, but I would become a symbol of hope. When people look to me, they will smile when they see my wings. They would see an angel. They would feel safe when around me! Or at least that is what I wish..."

Himeko looks at you, wearing a small grin on your face. It was rare for you to smile like that. But despite your lack of expression, you were always the one who had dreams. You had a dream of hope and a better tomorrow. You were hopelessly naive...but Himeko smiles. She likes that about you. "I wish you'd keep that hopefulness even when you're older." Himeko thought.

"Of course, you're already headed there (Y/N)," Himeko says, resting her head on her palm.

You raise a brow. "What do you mean?"

Himeko grins "Because every time I look at you, I see an angel and smile~"

Your eyes widen and your face goes red. You playfully punch Himeko's shoulder as you scream.

"HIMEKO! You know I am weak to you..."

Himeko chuckles and kisses your forehead. You blush harder, leaning your head on Himeko's shoulder. She caresses your hair, gently running her hand up and down the back of your head.

"I love you (Y/N). Don't ever change. Ever. Not for anyone."

You close your eyes, feeling the warmth of Himeko's body. You smile.

"You too... Himeko..."

I promise I will never change...

Just as long as you do the same...