Soft Spot - Kalpas x Reader

Requested whotao_ta0.

...

"Kalpas, this is (Y/N) (L/N)." The pink-haired elf kindly introduced. "She just joined MOTH so be nice to her okay?"

The silver-haired male said nothing as he stared at you. He continues to drill holes into your head causing you to shift uncomfortably.

Elysia chastised him for staring at such a young and beautiful girl (though she said that it was alright as you were pretty though it was still rude) but he ignored her ceaselessly lecture.

"You."

You weren't prepared to get singled out.

"Yes?!" You realized the volume of your voice and was unable to prevent your face from flushing. You cleared your throat as Elysia laughs earning herself a glare. You then look at the taller male apologetically and with a lower volume apologize, "Excuse me for my loudness. Can I help you?"

He stares at you and you wonder if he had heard you.

"Have we met?"

You blinked, not expecting that query. You recover from your shock and address the man.

You nodded. "I didn't expect you to remember." You admit before faintly smiling. "You saved me from the Honkai beasts in my city. I wanted to thank you."

You curtsied to him then look for his reaction.

"..."

"Kalpas?" Elysia waved a hand in front of his face.

The man responds by turning his back to them and storming off.

Your smile was replaced with a crestfallen face.

You looked at your companion. "Have I done something wrong?"

Elysia brushed off your worries. "Don't take it too heart. Kalpas is a nice person once you get to know him. I apologize for his behavior. Usually, he leaves a snarky remark, but he seemed unusually quiet..."

You felt a pang of guilt and immediately mutter an apology. The pink-haired girl gives a comforting smile.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. Ignore him, he'll come around." Elysia then takes your hand. "Now we still have the rest of the base to tour! There are also 12 other people I want you to meet. You'll like Eden. She's not as scary as Kalpas, but she'll spoil you!"

The fact that she thought Kalpas' scary nature was a good thing made you respect the women. You felt your sullen mood lighten as you allow the cheery elf to drag you away to meet her fellow friends.

...

You were appointed to be under the command of Kevin Kaslana but you asked Elysia if you could switch to another unit. She wasn't surprised and offer to put in a few words to the higher-ups about your decision.

"Why are you here?" A rumbling low voice asked with unusual gentleness.

"I was sent here." You stated, trying to reveal as much as you could but as little as you can. You don't want him to know that you chose to be here in case he wanted you off the team. He didn't respond to your explanation and you began to feel anxious. You tried not to sound hurt as you propose, "Would you like for me to switch to another unit?"

"Whatever..." He grumbles and stalks away, getting ready to be deployed. He stops a few feet away. "Hurry up. I don't need some frail girl dragging me down."