The Calm Cold of Raging Wind - Yae Sakura x Reader

Written by MaTcHu0210.
Requested by CrowChowmein.

~•~

You clutch the wound on your stomach, limping as you continue to run away from the massive beasts. You felt like your insides were falling out of your body, even though you knew it was just the blood loss getting into your head.

"F*ck... this hurts like a b*tch..."

You continue to talk as you run, trying to distract yourself from the pain.

"My luck had to run out eventually. I mean, who would have thought a smuggler like me would have lasted this long... Should have run away while I had the chance... stupid little me–"

You fall to your knees, landing on a piece of rubble as your support. You sit on the cracked ground and look at the dark and cloudy sky, red thunder crackling as you sit there and watch. You chuckle bitterly as you hear the Honkai beasts slowly coming your way.

"I guess this is how I bite the dust huh...?"

You close your eyes, remembering how you got into this situation in the first place.

~•~

You walk on the dirt-ridden streets of your home—Roanapur—quietly smoking your cigarette as you ignore everything else around you.

You got a call from the Chinese mafia about a delivery job, but for some reason, they wanted to meet you in person. You were annoyed, to say the least. You were in the middle of fixing your boat when you received the email to meet.

Why couldn't they have just called me, you thought.

But a job is a job, so it's best to just follow what the client wants.

You shouldn't care too much. After all...

Caring too much gets you killed in this city

You arrive at a local bar in town named Jr's and walk inside to see a crowd of people. They all seemed to be smiling and laughing, all holding a glass of beer and playing whatever games they wanted.

But you knew better.

For every person in that bar, there was a gun strapped onto their side. That's the life of a criminal like you. It didn't matter where or why, you just knew that each and every one of them was armed with a gun.

And so were you.

You sit at the bar, ordering a glass of beer. As soon as the bartender gave you your glass, you noticed a man sitting beside you. He slides a small card your way and you instinctively take it.

The man begins to speak. "It's a delivery job. Bring the cargo to Hong Kong, there'll be people waiting to take it off your hands."

You sigh, a puff of smoke leaving your mouth. "What's the package..."

"An experimental weapon, the coordinates of the package are in the card. I trust that you can handle it." The man replied.

You nod, taking the card and slipping it into your jacket. You didn't care what the job was, as long as you got paid.

You hurried to your motorcycle and drove to the location of the package.

It was... larger than expected. An entire cargo shipping container was attached to the end of a truck. You signed the driver of the truck to follow you back to your boat, and they comply.
Once you arrived at your boat, they loaded the shipping container into your ship and drove off without another word.