Tea is Better than Coffee - Su x Reader

Requested by shouhat.

...

During high school, you were always ranked second on the board. No matter how hard you tried, your rank never moved. It never went down, but it also never went up. Now, second place wasn't bad. Considering it was out of all students in the school, your rank was fairly good, outstanding even. However, there was always someone who thought otherwise, and that someone happen to be your classmate. You never go a day without being told of how incompetent you were.

It frustrated you. Being constantly compared to someone who was only a rank ahead of you. You felt like you needed to get first place.

You had to get first place.

Because of this, you began to stay up late. You had also started to drink coffee which did help you stay awake, but it caused you to be tired and restless the next day.

On one of those days, you had to walk up a flight of stairs to get to your next class. The caffeine had worn off by that point so you weren't as awake as you should have been. You had missed one of the steps and would have fallen back if not for the hard wall you collided with. You turned, trying to find what it was that broke your fall, and was met face-to-face with a stunning individual.

"Are you alright?" The man, whose body had broken your fall, asked. His voice etched with a tone of concern, convinced you of his sincerity. His brows furrowed in what looked to be worry. "You don't look well."

You did not expect a stranger to be concerned about your well-being. Most people just ignored you. You realized that you haven't said anything.

"Ah, I'm alright!" You quickly scurried away from him and in the process, almost tripped over your own feet. Huh? His eyes were closed. You mentally scold yourself for judging a person who has saved you and remembered that you have yet to thank him. You bowed to him. "Thank you for breaking my fall."

His smile was so mesmerizing that it could blind you if looked directly at. "You're welcome. You are more than welcome to not answer but... are you alright?"

"I'm sorry?" His question takes you by surprise.

"I notice that your movements are rather sluggish and slow. There are also dark bags beneath your eyes." He pointed out and as soon as he did, your hands were instantly on your face, attempting to confirm or deny the existence of the dark bags the male spoke of. He seems to read your panic and was quick to comfort you, "Rest assured, with adequate sleep, those dark circles will fade."

Your hands dropped from your face as you stared at the male, speechless and at a loss for words. Most people chose not to associate themselves with you and if they did, it was usually to spite you. This was probably the first time someone has ever started a genuine conversation with you with no alternative motive.

'It's kind of refreshing.' You thought.

"Thank you for worrying about me." You said before thinking, 'It's not sleep that keeps me awake...'

He arched a brow. "It isn't a deprivation of sleep?"

You slapped a hand over your mouth. Had you said that aloud? Maybe you do need some sleep...

"Oh, what I meant..." You halt in your words. Wait. Why were you trying to hide your addiction to coffee? It's not like you're the only student drinking coffee so why did you feel a need to cover up? Still, this person was a stranger, not a friend so there was no need to be fully honest with him. "I have just been staying up late."