Book 4 | Ch. 15 - Commandment To Gluttony

Night appears sending everyone the signal to head to bed with the first one winning first place is none other than Nick who went to nap hours before too lazy to do anything aside from sleep. As the runner up, Cloudy flops onto his bed clocking out the moment he grazes the bed sheets leaving two left. Hunter in third closes his door shut leaving the rest to guess what happens inside with Royal being the last to head to bed working on other various experiments he hadn't started yet.

"Phew~.. it's time for some shut eye."

He climbed onto his bed and let loose plopping his face into his pillows feeling how cold they were from not being used all day.

"Waaah~. So nice~."

He announced to himself saying it twice to prove indeed how nice it was.

Adjusting his whole body he looked up at the ceiling waiting to lose strength in his eyelids. He waited and waited some more before agreeing with himself that he couldn't sleep. Tossing and turning he attempted to get himself into a better position to sleep but no matter what he did his body refused to go down to drowsy levels. Instead he chose to play the waiting game against his own body and bore himself into snoozing. He unfocused and stared at the ceiling almost drifting away. Sooner than later his mind couldn't take it and tried to send a signal to the body to toss and turn but it was intercepted, sending bells ringing inside my head rapidly.

?! I can't move? I can't speak! It's as if someone is pushing back my words down my throat. The only thing I can control is my expressions but that's not going to help, I'm unable to call for help. I need- to break free~!

I shouldn't have done that. All because the next moments led to an overwhelming dread all for me to pause where I laid in fear. I was in a state of complete paralysis. Not from what was happening to my body but from what was emitting such an atmosphere. My lips were sealed shut by an unknown force, I panicked relying on my nose to breathe through. Next my airway from my nose was clogged sending chills down my spine frightening me all the more. I tried to writhe and wiggle but I had no control over my body as if someone was the pilot leaving me to be the overlooking passenger. I was suffocating. With one last blink I brought out a tear before a single hand loomed over my eyes and hid my vision from the dark room of the night.

Seconds later I was conscious and more than alive. I wasn't left breathless and was normal, the only thing that was abnormal at this point was the empty space surrounding me. I was afloat with nothing in sight for me to grab onto or head toward. A dream.. it had to be a dream. I repeated myself over and over ensuring whatever heard me understood that they weren't real.

"None of this is real, you're all a dream! So stop pestering me and send me back whence I came you bastards!"

I could feel my six senses starting to dwindle, perception of time began to age poorly as it felt I was drifting for hours. I started to question my sanity afraid I wouldn't be able to see my precious friends and family anymore. I balled up not wanting to see the empty world all around me and to go back lying on my bed comfortably. Before I knew it I raised my head, getting a touch of light grazing my skin. I instantly perked up catching wind of a bright purple glow coming from up ahead putting a small smile on my face proofing my excitement. I swam desperately reaching for the light before I was suddenly jolted downward and standing on solid ground.

"Concrete? This place is-.."

I glanced around already understanding where I was finally.

The throne room from before awaited my arrival as if it expected me to be here. I had no intentions of playing this game anymore though but neither did the room. Things were far different this time being the torches on the walls ahead were lit aflame. From a short distance away there was now a third set of stairs forming in between the other two sets of stairs. My body suddenly took control leaving my mind behind like a forgotten accessory.