Book 4 | Ch. 9 - Diving Deeper Into Learning

They all see Hunter turn back around informing them that he was going to speed up and to be ready to go. The teens responded with their aura surrounding them while representing their own color and tensed up to sprint out. In an instant the ground below Hunter shattered in his wake leaving the three in shock underestimating how much power and speed he could actually generate in a short span.

We all put our hands to our faces instinctively to keep the debris from hitting us, that was our first mistake leading to losing sight of him in mere seconds.

"How the-!? How's he running so damn fast! He's not even using aura!"

Nick exclaimed more than just impressed by his simple act.

"Don't slow down now you idiot! Follow his footsteps, it's quite insane that he managed to break the ground with nothing but his leg strength though.."

Cloudy mumbled side-tracking himself trying to trace Hunter down.

"You don't seem surprised?"

Royal asked, paying close attention to his facial reflexes and tone of voice.

"Well yeah.. I guess I should let you guys in on what I know-."

"Go on! Speak up already!"

Nick demanded before he could even speak.

"Let me talk you moron! *Ahem*.. Let me make this clear, you DID NOT hear this come from my mouth, everything said will be kept zip tight."

"Yeah-Yeah hurry up already will ya~!"

Nick yabbered on wanting to hear the good part of what he had to say, almost tripping on a stump in the ground.

"Wa-AOH~!"

"That's what you get for not paying attention to where you're running. Now shut it and listen."

Cloudy mocked him before continuing.

"Bitch."

Nick hid his foul word under his own tongue.

"When we first underwent training on how to activate our energies, he cheered me up when I kept hitting wall after wall. He claimed that it took him five whole years to even learn the absolute basics, just bringing out his aura was a challenge for him. Watch your left Royal."

He said pointing at a branch sticking out farther than it should. Allowing him enough time to move out of the way.

"Wait what? Are you saying Hunter isn't great with aura or using it?"

"If this is true then how was he able to know of all these advanced techniques he uses and helps us with it."

Royal butted into the conversation hearing enough to peak his interest.

"I'm also curious. Hunter's pro's are as plain as day. His overwhelming strength. Does that mean his con comes from using aura at least? In the end though it wouldn't make sense since we've all seen what he can do with or without, either way it was extremely destructive."

Nick looked over at Royal seeing if he could piece any puzzles together.

Royal paused, causing the rest to slow down waiting for him as he came to the realization of what the answer could be.

"Wait. If he's not good at using aura and his specialty lies with his strength.. It wouldn't matter."

"Huuh~? Have you gone fucking coo-coo crazy finally?"

Nick said both confused and weirded out.

"No-no, hear me out. He taught us that aura amplifies everything someone can do, everything, there are no exceptions unless rules are applied."