Book 2 | Ch. 11 - The Hollowed Land [Outer]

After a somewhat sluggish and wet journey to the shoreline the group all set up camp right at the shore making defensive measures just in case something bad were to happen. They made massive trenches and put a marker down to lay a path of energy when the camp became a last resort.

"I understand that I said setting camp in this place is a bad idea but this will only be a base we can fall back to on the off chance something were to happen. We won't be using this unless we are defending or waiting for the ship to collect us."

Hunter explained diligently.

Royal and Cloudy both took note of Hunter's experience with the wild and how he done things while Nick was a bit away feeling drowsy finally getting on somewhat solid land. He walked a small distance away from the camp before faceplanting into the cold smooth sand leaving a small sound that went with; Plop! Hearing the noise from afar Cloudy stood at attention and ran over seeing Nick laying flat on his stomach passed out asleep. He smirked right over Nick menacingly wanting to take revenge for always messing with him. Before any tomfoolery could be started Royal loomed just over Cloudy shaking his head not to go any further. Not afraid one bit Cloudy started to reach for Nick as Royal in return gripped onto his hair gently before it transitioned to a harsh pull. He dragged him away as Cloudy screamed for dear life pleading not to hit him. Cloudy got on his knees as Royal kindly told him to repent for what he was going to do which he gladly obeyed not wanting to test Royal anymore than he should. After a while of muffled moans of pain Royal softly smeared the sand with his two feet carrying Nick by the legs as his body dragged against the grainy sand until they both reached the camp. Hunter made a campfire cooking food before they adventured inside the strange territory as he fanned the flames with his right hand while holding a smoking hot fish skewered with a stick he had found nearby. Hearing noises, pitter patter and sand separating Hunter turned back catching Royal moving Nick in a weird way. Rushing over to see what happened Royal casually explained with a eerie grin on his face giving even Hunter goosebumps.

"Oh. Nick must be trying to adjust to land after being on the boat for so long especially when he has motion sickness. Cloudy on the other hand is repenting for something he tried to pull not too long ago so don't bother him ok?"

Royal said happily making Hunter freak out further never thinking he would witness Royal say something so gleefully. Hunter bat a quick eye towards where he last saw Cloudy and made a dash in that general direction and found him around the corner on his knees with large rocks piled on his legs being balanced perfectly by his fleshy body. Goosebumps settled in, in just an instance he flicked his head back noticing Royal closely behind him as he looked downward to get a gander at his creepy face praying that he didn't just put Cloudy though what he saw.

"Is something wrong?"

Royal commented gleefully with a oblivious expression.

At that moment Hunter knew from that point on he would under no circumstances mess with nor test Royal from then on. After a few hours went on by Nick had woken up with Hunter looking out of it while Royal went back to his blank stares and dull emotions. Moving around he stumbled where Cloudy was still on his knees looking absolutely freighted.

"What the-. Cloudy? You scared the fuck out of me. Huh? Why are you like that?"

Nick said realizing he was pale. He could see him moving his mouth to say something but never said the words aloud only further peaking his curiosity as he leaned in trying to hear or read his lips.

"I won't do it again, I won't do it again, I won't do it again.. Please don't make it any worse."

Cloudy mumbled not even realizing Nick was in front of him as his whole body began to shiver just thinking about avoiding the wrath of Royal. Hunter moves in spotting Nick beside Cloudy mighty confused as to what happened while he was out as Hunter tried to sidestep the conversation and tell them that it was time to move into the main land. He reached for Cloudy seeing that he was exhausted and mentally unstable from the explicit things Royal had done, whatever that was.