Book 4 | Ch. 2 - Unexpected Outcome

Morning hit for us with Nick shockingly being the first to wake up with myself being in second place. Cloudy and Hunter were asleep still trying to get some shut eye while Nick was cleaning himself up. Approaching Nick his face said everything, he did not sleep well. He was groggy, aggravated and most importantly about to blow up like a time bomb. I chose the correct option and the only option being: Not to confront or socialize with the fuming time bomb. I could clearly hear him spewing foul language from his mouth which would definitely not sit well with any of us. I moved around wanting to be ahead of the game and pack up most of the camping items but to my surprise Nick or at least I assume it's him did it.

"Nick actually working for once? Is he sick, motion sickness by chance? He's got to have something in his system."

"DIE BITCH~!"

Nick screeched in the distance, likely hearing my disbelief in his actions.

"Ah- so he did it. I'm actually impressed."

I moved away in case Nick spews fire from his ears and eyes and shook Cloudy awake needing someone by my side in case the bomb goes feral.

"Uuugh~... Mhm~.. H-huh?"

Cloudy mumbled, still half asleep.

"Come on, it's time to get up, we need to head back to shore before the moon goes below the sun."

I made an assumption since both were out, the higher one could mean that it signified the time of day.

"Al- Alright.. I'm up. Huh~? What's going on with Nic-... Wait. HE'S UP EARLY?!"

Cloudy said, perplexed and a bit frightened.

"It's about what happened yesterday."

"...Oh-."

Was all Cloudy could muster from his throat.

Things are going to be very awkward when Hunter wakes up so the least I and Cloudy can do right now is bask in this moment and pray that later the bomb doesn't set off. After grabbing all the essentials Hunter was the last to awake from his slumber thanking me and Cloudy for allowing him a few hours of sleep. But the strange thing was that I was asleep during that time so I wasn't guarding. I looked toward Cloudy's direction as he gave off the same confusion I had.

"Um.. Hunter, I wasn't guarding the camp."

Cloudy revealed.

"Same here I knocked out after what happened with the bomb yesterday."

By bomb we all understood in an instant as to who that name was meant for and kept quiet about it from Nick on purpose.

"Then who kept this place on watch while we slept?"

Hunter asked.

Until it hit me. Nick was the first to wake up, no it's not even safe to say he woke up at all. When I woke up he was cleaning himself, it did reek of whatever muck he had on him but he was certainly active. Did he stay up the entire night after venting his emotions? He must've taken out his frustrations on the beasts unlucky enough to roam close to our camp. No wonder he gave me that look this morning, he never got his beauty sleep.

"I think it's clear who kept watch."

I revealed pointing over at the bomb with a mask resembling a demon of anger and frustration bottled up inside him.

"Ah-."

Both Hunter and Cloudy peeped from their mouths simultaneously.

A little after they all met up together with the air still the same as yesterday. Nick and Hunter both glanced at one another, never able to keep full eye contact with one another. But that would have to wait and be put on hold since we've spent far too much time in this hell hole and I'm not willing to spend another moment in this place. I dragged Nick by the collar not wanting another scuffle to break out as Cloudy gently nudged Hunter with us.