Book 3 | Ch. 6 Ink & Flames

Sooner than later Cloudy did emerge from his beautiful slumber with a clear sign he got the best sleep in a while since arriving in this dull abyss. We both observed our target moving around. First he disassembled the campfire then strapped his weapon to his back armed and ready. Then placed his armor and hid it thanks to the button near his breast pocket. He only then spotted us glaring over at him awaiting for his realization of what Nick had done. He took the blanket Nick hogged all night and marched over to Hunter laying it onto him to keep him cozy. From then on Nick couldn't hold his laughter back anymore and started to let it creep from his bulging cheeks.

"Pff~!"

Cloudy rightfully asked what was so funny wanting to quench his curiosity, not particularly enjoying that smug look on Nick's face. His curiosity rose along with his building anger to clock Nick in the cheek moving closer to interrogate the two. Each step forward only made Nick's smile larger and wider, it was now no longer a grin but now an open mouth with laughter bursting from his throat. He bawled his heart out almost choking on his own saliva. Cloudy on the other hand was close to raising his palms to his throat to choke the living hell out of Nick.

"BAHAHAHA~!"

Nick cried out unable to hold back his tears from laughing.

At this point Cloudy was more than annoyed, now giving a deadly glare over to me before he reached for his bag and ruffled around his stuff. He pulled out a small mirror to see the damage Nick had caused freezing him in place. Thick, huge, girthy white ink lines raced across his entire face making him the closest representation of a clown with his nose painted with red dye made from red flower petals.

Shocked he hastily wiped the ink in an attempt to remove it by instinct but only made it far worse smearing it all over himself instead. I couldn't hold myself back either and started to giggle, at least turning away so he doesn't feel as horrible if that meant anything to him.

Nick walked over seeing him in a panic adding oil to the already growing wildfire.

"I don't think a clown needs to remove the mask, it suits you damn well if I do say so myself."

He arrogantly stated still bawling his vocal cords out finding new ways to pick on Cloudy.

Cloudy's eyes zoomed in my direction getting a peek at my chuckle hidden behind my lips.

"Are you apart of this as well?!"

He shouted clearly pissed mainly at Nick.

All I could do and say was the truth so I gave it to him straight as can be. I obviously threw Nick under the bus in this situation. I'm no moron to get caught up in his little schemes.

"No I'm not, I'm only but a witness to something quite entertaining. Sorry-... I meant to only say I'm not apart of 'Nick's Prank'. "

The very second I said 'Nick's Prank' I saw his head twist close to one hundred eighty degrees around. If it wasn't for his bones keeping him from breaking his neck it certainly would've gone all the way around. His eyes were full of vengeance and blankness. Without warning he turned away giving me goosebumps and so I backed up. Oh-. No sorry not backed up. I ran. At least a few meters away knowing something was bound to happen. Nick stood there clueless on what he was getting himself into. Cloudy dug through his bag throwing out anything he didn't find useful at that exact moment, finding extra ink jars and something else to write with. Now smiling he stomped toward Nick with obvious intentions in mind.

He tackled Nick to the ground getting into a brawl with him. This time involving ink splattering all over his face with no mercy behind his choice of placements on hitting his body. He chucked globs of ink onto Nick's face, chest, legs, even as daring as to show no mercy to the family jewels in between his crotch area. I watched from afar not willing to get myself dirty just to stop those two from fighting. It took an entire hour for them to stop fighting and the only reason they did stop was only because Hunter had woken up breaking up the ink battle.