Book 3 | Ch. 15 - Lucy's Purpose

It's been four years since I left our home. I'm certain my husband is worried sick about my whereabouts and health. My condition is going to be my last concern when it involves people that mean more than just my own life. I traveled distant lands filled with terrifying monsters and divine entities all to find a single person. My quest or those who aren't fans of that-... My journey to do what it takes to grab ahold of what we, me and my husband were stripped of. I left home upset and in tears unwilling to be guided or manipulated. But that is not why I'm telling this to you, it is for a more broader picture of the horizon that you will come to witness. I made my way hiking distant and ancient lands in search of a group. This group doesn't even have the right to be named given how sinister and desperate they are for attention. So-... I won't speak of their names. But that would ruin my reason for telling you my story would it? Ah-... I'm sorry, realization only just hit me in the face. I should explain it from the very beginning shouldn't I?

Hello. My name is Lucy, ...Lucy Amara Marshall. Not ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕖 as that is my name given after I married [REDACTED]. This is something I specifically created for only one person to see but it seems there isn't just the sole person here I made it for.. but four others with one being the damned apostle who did this to me. Alas I must explain with the time I've been given. You may consider this as a documentary or a part of an autobiography-.. regardless this is the only way all our paths can move forward with my sacrifice.

Four years ago.. I left home in search of a group who had stolen something more precious than my own life. I went out with unshakeable determination going across the entire continent meeting new people and recusing innocent villagers under another identity. I was born with an unusual and unnatural amount of charisma and charm affecting how many men saw and would speak with me. So in order to remedy this I had to meet up with an old friend of mine. It only took me two days with my speed but the place I went was known as dragon's peak. Hunter's ally and good friend that has been with us through thick and thin. Kuruma the golden dragon. Once I made my way up I entered her grotto and explained to her my situation and what had to be done. She sided with me and agreed to help out. If this wasn't obvious enough humans cannot change appearances at will but certainly dragons can. They can shift to human forms and that doesn't limit them to transforming others. Although it doesn't last for as long since aura is susceptible to running out. That is why I had her teach me how to do it. I was quite ecstatic since dragons normally never pass down their arts to anyone, not even their children or descendants-. Ah-... I-I'm sorry I got carried away. This is quite embarrassing isn't it? Enough of that. After I got what I wanted and more from Kuruma I gave her a direct order to ensure Hunter would not find out my whereabouts by keeping her lips sealed. She prefers me over Hunter since for the most part he would force her to do things he was too lazy to do. Now I'll answer another question [REDACTED] may have for me. Why? Why would I hide my whereabouts from everyone? It's for a reason not worth explaining about with other people here now. So to the four people here and I'm specifically talking about the one rude apostle listening in on this... Please screw off. This is MY consciousness not yours so I can remove you as I please.

"Tch~."

A voice spoke out before going silent again.

Now that he's gone. Royal, Cloudy, Nick. I know you cannot say anything right now nor see of your own will as of now, just understand that Hunter and I will be on your side no matter what happens. I'm sorry boys but the next part is for Hunter's eyes only. You'll have to leave.

Out of nowhere their vision was dragged away from Lucy and the world around her with a bright light emanating from behind the three. It enveloped them, taking them back to reality while Hunter stayed as a hologram of himself.

Do you wish to speak now honey?

"I'm sorry~."

For what?