Book 3 | Ch. 2 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐨𝐢𝐝 [𝐈𝐈]

Hoping from debris to debris the three followed Hunter similar to baby ducks waggling their way behind their mother. The gravity was close to zero making it fairly uncomfortable moving around when not on land. When on land gravity would switch back to normal but the very moment both feet leave the ground, it's floating time. The very laws of the world were defied inside this dimension. Sight was limited up to a few meters after adjusting, hearing was dulled with a faint ringing and the most prominent being the smell. Before it was quite putrid when near the portal but now it's sweet like berries when inside, almost like something is luring us closer to our dooms.

Cloudy here, It's been about half an hour since we've arrived and aside from the barren lands there hasn't been anything worth mentioning. Honestly from the looks on everyone they are on edge just as much as I am. But the one who is worrying me the most is Hunter. I can't help but feel like he's pushing himself. When was the last time he got some decent sleep? There are cuts around his body signifying a battle he came out victorious from. He must've wiped the blood away but the injuries are clear if observant enough. He's human just like the rest of us. I know he's in a worse condition than all of us and yet here he is not muttering a peep. I admire that tenacity, I really do. But I know just as well that tenacity can also be stupidity.. Pushing too far can lead your body to great devastation. Royal is the only one who is doing well for the most part. Nick is enduring it but he has a fractured wrist and a few minor external injuries. How can we fight like this?

"Cloudy!"

Royal and Nick shouted simultaneously.

"Huh? What's wrong?"

Cloudy asked now aware of them.

"We've been trying to get you to pay attention. Do you have anything that could help Nick with the bleeding near his forearm?"

Should I tell them? They probably already know since I healed Royal by some miracle. Would they be upset? I glanced at Hunter as he too gazed not at me but through me. It was as if he was trying to tell me he knew of my new power. Is he telling me to be honest? I had no idea. But they are my family so I'd rather rip the band-aid off now than later.

"Actually... I have something to confess to you three."

Hunter lifted his lips up hinting a smile hearing Cloudy.

"What is it? Were you hiding herbs from everyone again?"

Nick replied with a egotistical tone.

"W-what? N-no you idiot just listen alright!"

"Tch~.. Fine."

Royal and Hunter stood side by side with Nick crossing his arms up to his chest. My heart wouldn't stop beating as if what I was going to say was a sin. I loathed and anticipated their misunderstandings that was the reason I was so afraid. I buckled up and just let it all out, rip the band-aid clean off while it's new. I pointed at Royal before explaining my power.

"You all should know by now that Royal wouldn't have made it out alive in that battle back then. Hunter saw the injuries."

"The injuries were all external but there wasn't any internal wounds. Judging from the severity of the outer ones though it wouldn't make sense if there wasn't a single wound from the inside."

Hunter commented.

"I healed him."

"Hm?"

Hunter said confused and surprised.

"I~ healed him."

Hunter took over now focused entirely on the conversation with his full body now facing me.