Book 2 | Ch. 3 - Port Llaffan

While on the move Royal and Cloudy both came to the realization of how long they would last over at the hollowed land without food and water since the place is supposedly toxic.

"How are we going to eat and drink over there if there isn't going to be any purified water or safe food to consume there?"

Royal questioned.

"We will purchase food and water at the port once we get there but it will take a week at the earliest to get there so buckle up. Oh! Another thing."

"Hm?"

The two muttered.

"We will buy foods that won't spoil easily and can preserve it with aura to keep it from the poisonous atmosphere there."

"W-wait aura is able to do that?"

"Well of course. If you refine it, it will protect the foods from all things that are dangerous. It can even stop the spoiling or molding process of foods. Of course though it only stops it for as long as you keep the energy on it."

Hunter spoke confidently.

"How do you know this?"

Cloudy asked from a little behind.

"... I've experienced it while traveling a very long time ago. When you get low on food you do what it takes to preserve what is left~."

"There he goes again~. He never tells us about his past.. It's a little frustrating at this point."

Royal pouted letting his thoughts bounce all around his mind.

The group continued walking on and they made it to a small little pond with bunches of trees all around it letting them enjoy the scenery. They rested and Hunter used aura on the waters surface changing it from transparent to opaque allowing the sunlight to reflect off of it and creating a cool breeze and the scent of fresh air. They took out the supplies they purchased from the town of merchants and set up camp as the sun was close to setting. Hunter took out fruits he bought for the group. They were from trees that grew on the western side and were very sweet tasting. He took out the ones for himself and ate them. They were so good he wasn't able to savory it very much due to not eating anything since the day before. But the sweetness was just too much that he couldn't help but to keep chewing and swallowing more. After he was full he sat back in his chair using his bag to hold the core of the fruit before taking the seeds out and planting it for it to grow later on. He looked around and saw Royal and Cloudy sitting by their tents and Nick laying in his. Hunter sighed realizing he needed to get some sleep as well and laid back closing his eyes and falling asleep. Hunter's eyes opened with a jolt as he heard something strange an hour later. Something that shouldn't have been possible in such a peaceful environment. It sounded like a battle raging on nearby and he got to his feet with fists armed and ready to fight whatever beast might be approaching them. He scanned the area and saw nothing in sight that was attacking anyone. Then he realized that sound was coming from the right most side of the pond. His eyes darted around seeing nothing until he spotted movement from the trees nearby. It was coming from the direction they had just traveled from.

"Nick!?"

He called out with urgency as he moved forward. He was worried that what was the remnants of the stampede hours before was assembling together to come back to attack them.

"Whaat~? What is it? Where are you going?"

Nick spoke tiredly as he got up from napping and moved along with him.

"Over here! I'm going to check it out."

"Alright."

Nick confirmed wanting him to acknowledge his actions.