Book 1 | Ch. 2 - Aura [I]

Royal

Before the two clashed Hunter moved closer to Royal sitting on the ground keeping to himself. He asked if he was ok instead Royal came with his own question right back at him.

"There's no way you only did exercises when you came from the~ ice forest. We were told that place is far too dangerous to tread inside so what gives? What makes it more confusing is that everyone claims a frost dragon lives there so it's not possible to live there without seeing it."

Hunter gave a surprised expression with a stare. He said to him that it wasn't regular training but training with energy or Aura. Also mentioning that he hadn't seen any kind of dragon and he's lived there for a long time.

"Does that answer your question?"

"Y-yeah.. I have another one now. What is Aura?"

"I don't mind teaching you since I'll be helping the boys over there. Just promise that you won't use it for evil."

"Alright I promise."

The two raised their pinkies and hooked onto one another shaking on it. Suddenly they heard the sounds of weapons clashing grabbing their attention over to Nick and Cloudy. They watched the rowdy teens go off at one another swinging with their bodies. Cloudy being at an advantage at long distance due to using a spear and Nick trying to get the upper hand charging in close. They showed no mercy to one another almost trying to cleave their body parts away. Hunter began to get worried for their safety not wanting a serious accident to happen and started to step in but decided to stand down for some reason. Royal glanced over at Hunter before looking back muttering to him.

"Interesting isn't it? It really shows that you want to see who's stronger. Well.. you'll see soon enough."

Hunter flicked back to see their strikes becoming more fluent and their stances getting tighter with each cross counter. Cloudy and Nick eventually got a sense that the two were watching and wanted to impress them, mainly Hunter.

"He's watching~. It's time to show them how strong I am!"

Nick said aloud letting Cloudy hear enough.

"You? Strong? We will have to see about that because we know that you're not as great as me nor Royal!"

The two started to hit harder than before messing with the dirt below. Ridged and rugged it became more difficult to properly stand without falling yet they were doing their best to show off. Hunter was put off for a moment not expecting to see their expressions so positive.

"They're smiling? Ha ha! I'm impressed. I can't wait to help you guys grow big and strong!"

Royal moved his attention to Hunter with a blank stare. Hunter shifted back seeing Royal stare at him weirdly.