Book 4 | Ch. 8 - A Deal With No Prize

Without noticing Hunter entered another room without the boys and called them over as they rolled in one by one. To his delight they were alive and well thinking they had somehow disappeared within the minute they separated.

"*Sigh*."

Hunter let out in relief.

"What's wrong Hunter?"

Cloudy wondered, seeing him a bit tired.

"Ha~.. It's nothing Cloudy, let's get moving."

He said while rubbing Cloudy's head relentlessly.

"Gah-! You messed up my hair! Now it's a mess!"

"Haha~! Sorry Cloudy."

Hunter laughed, making the other two brighten up.

Taking a gander behind himself he found a pedestal with engravings marked on the wall behind. He slid over to them, firstly curious but secondly weary if it was made by the same person who put up the dome around the place.

"What really is this place?"

Royal muttered seeing the engravings on the wall behind the pedestal.

Hunter read out the engravings to them all, understanding the first two but the last one being a mystery even to a man like him.

"6 dragons, 6 gods, 6 Advents Of Destruction."

Before he could theorize on what those meant the ground began to quake and shake with the temple starting to collapse on itself.

"Boys stay close to me and get ready to sprint out!"

He ordered with them nodding, ready to make a break for it.

The moment they ran then blink the next thing they knew they sat outside the temple confused as to what just happened. Taking a glance back the temple was no longer there, in fact it was like it hadn't existed in the first place with no traces of rubble in sight. No markings or signs of man made structures were there now. Not wanting to stay any longer on the island they all made a break for Grief ready to return to the mainland.

- Three Minutes Before

Zack awakened in a daze and was shocked to see Grief alone with him.

"Mhm~...! Where did the rest go?"

He asked with a hostile tone.

"They claimed to have gone and explored for a short while wanting to check something out."

Hopping off of Grief's back he made his way around and up to his face staring into him.

"If I kill you I hope you suffer in hell for all of eternity because eventually I will be joining you there."

"I don't give a hoot if I die now or later- *Cough* *Gasp* -Ack~."

"If I manage to avenge my ol' family I can rest happily regardless of what happens to me."

Greif glares at Zack with a serious stare while Zack refuses to back down actually standing his ground for once unlike what happened the first time they crossed paths.

"Human, I look forward to our battle."

All Zack could do at the moment was to glare coldly into the beast's heartless eyes.

"Yeah, same here.."

A few awkward moments passed before they both could hear someone calling out for them in the distance but was incoherent.

"G...g-.. f-..y..g!"

They listened closer hearing and spotting Hunter bomb rushing toward them

"Get flying Grief!"