Book 2 | Ch. 5 - Turning The Tide

With a thud bashing against the ships walls forcefully without no sign of holding back Nick woke up feeling groggy at the very least with his concerns becoming more so on what was going on outside. He pushed himself upward with his arms almost plopping back down onto his comfortable resting spot due to the boat rocking so much. Getting annoyed he leaned near the closest wall and followed the wall to the exit of his room before limping down the hallways of the ship seeing no one around.

"What the fuck? No one is here?"

He thought to himself still holding back his urge to vomit.

Going on by he made it to the center of the bottom part of the ship hearing footsteps directly above frantically running about with a purpose. He made his way toward the staircase to see what the commotion was all about but saw it was raining heavily with thunder just striking meaning a powerful storm was looming right over the entire ship. The rain was pouring hard and the wind was strong making the waves of water hit the sides of the ship making the whole vessel shake and bounce.

"What the hell is this!?"

Zack shouted as he saw the sky turn black and the sea turning red.

"This is some serious shit lads! This is a full blown storm!"

He added on.

Nick looked around peeking his head from the stairway seeing large waves with sounds of thunder pounding on the boat.

The crew all gathered at the top deck as they saw the raging waters crashing into them making everyone look up at the skies in fear.

"We're not gonna make it."

One of the crew said

"We can't! We're gonna die!"

Another said while one of the members beside shouted 

"Oh gods!"

"Everyone hold tight! Hold on to something and brace yourselves!"

Zack shouted with concern while the crew looked at one another with worried expressions.

They all held on tightly to whatever they had as they braced themselves while the waves crashed on their bodies and they were tossed around like rag dolls with Zack shouting orders with desperation and experience. The crew knew how to handle these situations with Zack yelling at the top of his lungs to calm down and get ready for their rescue. The crew had been through many storms, hurricanes, and rough weathers but they never had it this bad. The water was coming in at such fast speed with the high winds that it was impossible for them to survive this storm. The crew was all in danger with only Zack having the strength, skill, and knowledge to get them all safe. They all stayed in place and listened to his instructions while Nick was in shock at all of this happening so fast.

The ship started to rock violently back and forth while the waves grew taller and more violent causing the ship to tilt dangerously while the crew held on tighter and harder in case one of them lost their grip. They all clung on to one another praying silently in their hearts that this would end soon. From afar Nick spotted Royal and Cloudy doing their best to support the crew members to keep the ship from being overthrown by the lethal waters of the ocean sea. They encouraged and kept all the members from losing all hope knowing that Hunter and even Zack could turn the tides of the ocean battle.

"Laddie?! What are you doing! Don't stand near the edge! That's suicide!"

Hunter raised his foot on the railing just about to tip over himself as he looked around with high concentration.

"Zack! Turn the boats flags to the complete left! All of them! Then turn the boat all the way left as much as possible!"

Hunter demanded not requested.