Book 1 | Ch. 11 - Dragon's Cycle

Hunter unleashed his aura around the entire dungeon leaving nothing unturned to be filled with his energy until he let up allowing the boys to catch their breaths and relax after a long stressful experience. Nick glanced over watching Hunter still in a stance toward the great dragon as his expressions were sad to say the least. Nick's body shrunk just as quickly as he grew with his height being the first to go destroying his morale while afterward his muscles began to go back to their original form only kicking him while he was down. Added to all that his confidence was shot seeing he doesn't have any more colors to his hair and eyes. He slumped down feeling like a slug thinking back on how he couldn't even kill the dragon before. Suddenly Nick felt faint and collapsed but was caught by Hunter and carried him on his back thanking him for holding on for so long.

"You did great Nick. Now rest I'm sure your in a state of aura exhaustion now."

Hunter claimed knowing when he held onto him.

He gazed back at the dragon of life while the dragon nervously lowers its head as if to give respect to the man.

"They entered my prestigious grotto without any prior warning. I've been asleep for over a decade and I only awakened to three pubescence trying to steal my previous scales. You know you cannot slay me Hunter for I control the earth of what grows."

Hunter gave a daring emotionless glare at the dragon.

"Even so if you dare harm my family I won't show any kind of mercy even toward a friend or someone as important as you."

The dragon got goosebumps and unwillingly agreed asking for what he needed from her. Before he spoke of the list of things he wanted Cloudy interrupted.

"What does he meant by she shouldn't be killed? What will happen?"

Hunter looks away and at the dragon before shifting back to him detailing what they meant.

"As you know dragons are at the pinnacle of the circle of life. They are the king of the skies and lord of the lands. Fighting even a single dragon is extremely dangerous and can lead to death. That doesn't include how old they are and what kind of dragon they are."

"Then please do tell. I want to know as well."

Royal butted in saying.

"Fair enough. I'll list them here. There are basically four things to know in summary."

He used aura to draw on a piece of paper explaining the dragons threats.

Low-level: Normally baby or adolescent dragons are in this stage but still pose a threat. A single baby dragon can usually be taken care of with a single group of three or more.

Mid-level: These dragons are normally close to becoming an adult or is an adult and are a serious threat to towns if it finds one. It more over takes a few dozen people or around twenty to thirty people to take care of just one.

High-level: They are the special among the adults who excel in many ways compared to the normal adult dragons. They can vary from being faster or stronger to being larger in size to being much smaller and harder to hit. With some on rare cases capable of using aura. On normal cases it takes a few hundred to kill one. On rarer cases for those who dabble in the use of energy it would take twice the amount. Fortunately for us though there hasn't been any sightings of these dragons for almost twenty years.

Cloudy flipped the page over expecting more but there was nothing left as Royal pointed out that he hadn't included the fourth one he talked about. Hunter laughed thinking they would forget or straight up not know and apologized as he used aura on his finger to write the remaining information on the paper.