Book 3 | Ch. 11 - Undying Love

In order to not hinder Hunter's ongoing fight we all made the collective choice of moving around the field just out of range of the hysteria field to get a better angle of what was going on. We raced our way around in a hurry carrying our bags on the way keeping them from shaking too much.

The battle raged on, Lucy relentlessly pressured Hunter not enabling him to catch his breath as she lunged at him with her staff to attack. Her mastery using the combat staff was clear as day, evading using the staff as a spring, increasing her speed and power using the weight of her staff. Most importantly her understanding of the staff itself. She is one with her weapon while the weapon is an extension of not just her arms but her whole entire body allowing for move sets that aren't normally possible. Hunter had to rethink his approach letting some of his anger subside now switching their roles. Instead of a battle of quick reaction and speed he chose  the more brawn and wits solution. A spike of power could be felt radiating off his blade alerting Lucy to adjust to the changes he was making. His bloodlust could be felt from where the boys stood making them tremble. The air rushed away from him out of fear, debris shook with the ground supporting them quaked. Hunter brought his other hand to help his grip on the massive blade before letting the beast seek destruction. He swung his blade monstrously forming shockwaves after shockwaves shattering the ground below their feet.

"Such strength~."

She muttered witnessing his power once again.

Hunter paused for a moment hesitating on what to do next hearing the gentle voice of his wife. With that small time frame it gave her the one chance to counterattack in order to subdue her husband. She relentlessly bludgeoned him with her staff multiplying the attacks as more time went on. Ten, twenty, fifty, one hundred, five hundred, one thousand blows all in the span of fifteen seconds in total. Throughout that entire assault she never once wasted unnecessary energy always keeping a level head on the situation and specifically Hunter's mental stability. She understood every little habit and action he would make during battles and used all that against him. But that wasn't enough to take down the hero of this story, nowhere near the required amount. He rose from the smoke that formed from the rapid strikes and bull rushed at her with full force using not his blade this time but his fists. He let out a intimidating war cry with his azure eyes now shining stronger than before. She was wide open unable to block even if she wanted knowing the pure unadulterated prowess of Hunter's attacks. He rammed his fist straight into her solar plexus sending her soaring into the air as she cried out from the pain. Her body was light, nimble and most importantly flexible yet getting hit by that attack left her with hardly any options. She tried to stop herself from spinning out of control doing her best to regain her stability using her staff to counteract the flow to allow her to fall feet first. She landed on her two feet forming two small dips into the ground from the crash keeping her eye contact directly on her husband. She let out a deep breath in as if she was warming up with Hunter panting and agitated.

He began to have second thoughts noting all the small details she had on her body. How she stood, her posture, voice, breathing, and expressions she would make. They were all identical, how frightening it must be for him. By the time we all arrived we only just saw him standing afar against some woman, it was shocking to say the least since he was struggling from our perspective. He even resorted to unleashing that great-sword of his to subdue this opponent, what kind of opponent can back even Hunter into a corner like this? That was the simple thought that dwelled in our heads at the time. The only person or thing that came to mind was Gatekeeper capable of such a feat.

"What are you really?"

Hunter demanded to know not asking politely.

Before he could receive an answer his attention shifted catching her sights over at the boys. The hairs on his arm stood thinking what ever he was facing was out to harm the boys. We were all in awe witnessing a beauty drawn straight out of a portrait. Her eyes were animated with great detail, her soft lips with more pink than red on them, a face that showed no signs of blemishes or scarring. We couldn't help but stare, of course respectfully when her eyes met with ours.