Book 3 | Ch. 14 - Death Till Do Us Part

Lucy walked her way toward Hunter telling him to get a move on if he didn't want to keep her waiting. He could hear it in her voice, filled with worry and chose to comfort her before leaving telling her things will turn out ok. He embraced her tightly, placing his hands gently across her back getting a feel of how small her back was. She flustered, not expecting him to be so bold but subsided her happiness and embarrassment now warning them to leave getting a bad feeling lurking nearby.

They all stop in their tracks laying their eyes on her, beginning to lose fragments of her body that faded into sparkles eaten up by the abyss. She frantically explained that the ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕖 was losing its power gained from the hysteria and would no longer make it possible for her to stay in her physical form.

"[REDACTED]... No matter what happens from this point forward, keep on going and don't lose sight of yourself and what we strive for."

Lucy said with worry and panic in her tone.

Right off the bat there after, Hunter could sense something arriving at an insane pace where even the teens could sense it and the unknown power soaring closer. Lucy could do nothing but watch alongside Hunter of what was coming.

"Boys! Ready positions, arm yourselves and stay beside me!"

Hunter ordered only taking a nod or a yes for an answer.

From a good twenty meters out an ominous black putrid portal emerged from the sky similar to the black flames Royal had been testing on. The moment the portal fully completed a powerful sense of dread and despair wafted their way giving all but Hunter and Lucy goosebumps. It was far above the level of what even the cottage dome that was there could produce leaving the boys dizzy and breathing heavily.

Hunter opened his legs wide enough to fit an extra foot or two inside activating a barrier that surrounded us all from the effects gushing from whatever was inside the portal. The intensity of the hysteria draining us was lifted allowing us to breath normally with the nausea subsiding. Yet that didn't stop what we felt at the time. Nick, Cloudy, and myself were frozen getting a small dip in the vast ocean of the world where Hunter resided. It was too much for our small bodies to bear now having a taste of an opponent that dwelled in the same ocean as Hunter. Someone exited the portal with clear energy radiating off of them, black, purple and filled with negativity. The moment this person's entire body left the portal, the effects of the hysteria wafting around spiked to dangerous levels. Even with the barrier protecting us thanks to Hunter there was something else we felt that kept us still and unresponsive. What it was had no effect on Lucy nor Hunter but only on us that grew all the more threatening. It was what I, which had very much experienced multiple times before, had come to grow accustomed too. The human instinct, fear and the act of submission. It was no battle we could partake in as we were little lambs to what hungry wolves were searching for. Prey.

Whoever this person was, was nothing short of a threat to at least the region of the continent. Black and purple robes with black ashes rising from his feet and body, silver hair that could slice iron and scarlet eyes that could rot away those who gaze for too long. His very presence reminded us of where we stood in the hierarchy imprinting our hearts and minds to quiver and grovel at his arrival. I'm more than certain Nick and Cloudy feel the same at least a bit given their personalities and stubbornness. We shook then shook more as our hearts raced faster the more the person from the portal closed in on us. I had to move, my mind was screaming for me to flee but my body just refused to as if it was ordered to bow down. Only then I remembered before we left the town of merchants a saying Hunter had told to me.

"There are five gods in this world that control the cycle of this world just as dragons control the world's condition and climate."

"The last one is called 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓖𝓸𝓭 𝓞𝓯 𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 who guides all the dead to the gates of heaven and or hell. This god can take the lives of those who he chooses and at times is merciless when it comes to his choices."