Chapter 8: Rehabilitation

Y/N POV

I wake up in the afternoon, I look up and Kai is sitting up, she's on a blue and white app for something.

Maybe talking to fans or something, who knows? 

I sit up, now hunched over next to her. 

Y/N: What's going on? 

Kai: *Cough* Morning...

Y/N: How are you feeling today...

What to call her? Babe, no that's too forward, her own name? It's a little awkward. 

Y/N: -Girl? 

Kai smirks a little, putting her hood down, revealing that pretty face that I met at the bar all those weeks ago. 

It's awkward staring at her like this...

She knows it is too... she's probably thinking the same thing...

Kai: I... uh... um...

Y/N: It's alright... t-take your time. 

Kai: I don't know how to feel... I feel a lot better on the "sick" part of it. But the... R-part of it... I... I'm glad you're here it's just... I'm... broken...

At least she's self-aware about it, some people when they experience trauma, they just shelter it in a cocoon and try to forget about it.

Little do they know it's marinating in there; then it comes back out, it's even worse. 

Can I say something cheesy here? No, I should just keep it like... I don't know. 

Y/N: I'm here now... we can overcome this together; I'm not saying I-I can fix you but... I want to be with you every step of the way. 

Kai's frown turns into another smile again. 

Y/N: T-there she is...

Kai: Here I am...

We awkwardly giggle a moment, then she gets up out of bed. 

Y/N: I... D-don't take this the wrong way but... did you get rid of all your blades in this room? Any I should know about? 

Kai: Uh... yes, I think so... I think I might take a shower Y/N. 

Y/N: OH!!! oh, shit sorry... let me do something really quick.

Now, healing spells have never been my forte, but I can do them! Just not use them as a profession.

Kai: W-what is it? 

Y/N: C-can you roll up your sleeves for me? 

Kai reluctantly rolls up her sleeves, blushing a little. 

Y/N: Put your hands... on my forearms... I'll put mine on yours...

She follows along, smiling awkwardly. 

Y/N: This'll sting a little bit, b-but... bear with me please...

God I'm a hot mess, as soon as I felt her cold touch I lost it, I feel the sweat just pouring down my back. 

My hands glow gold, a gold aura running through her veins. 

I close my eyes and can feel the pain in her wrists, the pain from all the cuts. 

Even the pain of... Kayn...

Kai: Ah-shhh...

She starts wincing as her cuts seal shut, looking like they never existed. 

The pain of Kayn, I can only do so much...

Kai: Y/N... it's good... you got them all...

Y/N: Ugh...