Prologue: The departure

NARRATOR POV

Once upon a time, there was a boy named Y/N L/N. Some referred to him as the boy with the vision, a kid with heart, or as his master would say, a spawn of sheer will.

Yes... with all of his training, any challenge he faced was a pushover. He even took the initiative to teach alongside his master, teaching younglings and perhaps future warriors for the beautiful island of Ionia.

The boy was magical, gifted with abilities, but he handled them well thanks to his teachings. His master, named Karma ironically enough, would say that he was chosen and gifted for a purpose. There's something he must do, but he may never find out exactly what.

The future is not always something one can predict, but one thing is for sure, Y/N will be ready. Did you think this was some kind of action movie with lots of fighting? I'm sorry, I didn't want to give off that impression.

This is a love story, a... peculiar one at that, the only reason he pursues good and teaches others is simply because he has nobody, so he puts all his passion into it. Yeah, nobody at all... No friends... Just a teacher, who has taught him all she knew.

His friends, gone, they could be anywhere in Runeterra. The intrusive thoughts in his mind get louder, wanting to explore and join his friends, gather new experiences that he has never seen...

Okay, I'll shut up now. Y/N, take the stage...

Y/N POV

Can... anybodyyy... find me... somebody to... love...

The piano starts, I love this song...

I gently open my eyes as I feel the energy of Queen flow through me in the early morning.

I adjust the volume on the radio, it's old, but it's the greatest gift I ever got from somebody.

Yasuo, I love you buddy, I hope the world is treating you right.

I get up and step in front of the mirror.

I glide my hand down the photo I stuck to the side of the mirror.

Me in the middle with my guitar, Ahri and Irelia on either side of me on the beach.

Y/N, you big oaf... Why couldn't you just pick one to confess to? Hey, why couldn't you just confess... period?

Akali was right, the window I had was very limited, Shen said that too.

Big ugh...

I look forward and see a man with glowing dragon-like eyes looks back at me.

I got some whiskers, but nothing too bad, no shaving needed.

I check the scaley spots to make sure nothing is shedding.

I take one look at my chest and my stomach, looking good... back to the scales...

Why'd I have to be born with scales on my shoulders? I have to check every, darn, morning to make sure I can put my shirt on without anything falling off.

Another big ugh...

Least it's not as bad as my back, dark scales going down there too.

I put my robe on after checking my spots.

I examine the claws on my feet, lightly filing them.

The rest of me is pretty human, I guess...

Except the eyes, my teeth, my tongue, hands are a little boney but what can you do?

Work with what you got, that's what.

After pepping myself up in the mirror, I put on my sandals, turning the radio off.