Tricks of your imagination

[a/n] I AM LIKE...SO SORRY????

First of all, if you have ever cried reading this book, grab a tissue. "Daylight" just fits so well, please, listen to it, you will not regret it.

Second of all, you can hate me, but please don't hate this story, Y/N doesn't deserve it 🙁

Third of all, good luck 👍

...

[...]

"Look at that whore" I heard one of the terrorists say as he pointed a gun at me.

"Please" That was all I managed to whisper.

[...]

Lying on the ground, I felt my clothes soaked in blood.

"Oh look, she is still alive" I heard them laugh, enjoying every second of my unbearable pain.

[...]

"Eat this, bitch" He said as he fired four bullets.

...

"Heroin, do you copy?"

"Heroin, are you okay?"

I hear Soap's voice but I don't have the guts to tell him I am not coming home. Not this time.

In movies, they say your life flashes before your eyes during these moments. I always thought it was just a lie. But they were not wrong.

I never experienced true happiness. Let's not talk about love. I simply cannot feel it anymore.

[...]

But now during my last moments, I finally feel at peace.

Without any regrets, I close my eyes and picture Ghost.

[...]

I thought we would get our happy ending. But I was a fool. There are no happy endings.

Now I am sure I will meet him again only on the other side, in another life, in another world.

[...]

"Don't you dare leave me like this, Y/N" I hear Ghost say as I reopen my eyes, realising all of this was just a...dream?

Was this just a fantasy?

Was there no love between us?

Was there no death of my brother, no death of my unborn child?

Was any of this real?

Where those the last seconds that flash before your eyes? Were those the last seconds of my imaginary comfort?

...

Every beginning must come to an end.

And so the last moments of my life are slowly slipping away from me.

[...]

But then a sudden sound catches my attention. It is the cry of a seagull, piercing through the air.

I shift my gaze from Ghost to the sky, my eyes following the bird as it soars above us. It is a beautiful sight, the seagull's wings spread wide as it glides effortlessly.

"Oh, to be that seagull" I say softly.

I can't help but envy it as it soars above us, free and unencumbered. A kind of freedom that I yearn for, a life unburdened by the weight of the past.