Your lies

[a/n] Thank you so much for the love and support! I would have never imagined that this story would get so much attention, I truly appreciate all of you! I won't be posting so frequently because I gotta prepare for my exams, but I will try my best to update as much as possible:) Enjoy!

...

After that night Simon never left my side. While I was still in the hospital he started visiting me even during the day. There was no doubt that a spark between us was growing more and more as time passed. It all seemed too good to be true and oh the things I would do to experience that kind of love again. Sometimes I wondered if all of that was even real - after all, making the famous Ghost fall for you was quite impossible.

My best friend Soap was more than relieved when he heard the news that I was doing alright. Sometimes he would come into my room and we would spend time watching some cringe videos on the internet.

I spent my days like this completely isolated from the outside world but close to my love, Simon.

...

"𝘓𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘦" 𝘐 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘨𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦. 𝘏𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘶𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦, 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴.

"𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦.." 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘐 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘳. 𝘔𝘺 𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘺, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘶𝘮𝘣. 𝘓𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥, 𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥.

"𝘖𝘩 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦," 𝘐 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘶𝘯𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯.

"𝘖𝘩 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦!" 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦, 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦.

𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰, 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘺. 𝘕𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯.

"𝘌𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴, 𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩" 𝘏𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘴.

...

"Hey, there is nothing to worry about, it's just a nightmare" As my eyes snapped open I heard Simon trying to comfort me.

I could feel my heart pounding, my whole body covered in sweat. He didn't even hesitate to hug me and give me as much time as needed.

"You are safe here. I won't let anybody hurt you, Y/N" I was hugged so tight I almost could not breathe.

"I don't know what's going on with me" I murmured too embarrassed to even look at his eyes.

"The same nightmare?" He gently placed his fingers on my chin and lifted it so he could deeply stare into my eyes again.

I didn't say anything, just slightly nodded.

For the last few weeks, I had those weird dreams. Seeing the bad guys making fun of me and then eventually killing me. Without any remorse, without any hesitation. 

Those nightmares wouldn't go away no matter what I did. Since I thought my imagination was playing tricks, I had no choice but to try to forget those dreams.

...

After some months

...

It was already winter, the month of December. It was the first time in my life that I considered celebrating Christmas. When I was a kid, I never received gifts so this whole holiday season seemed too weird for me.

As it was snowing outside, we were in our living room, chatting, watching the news on TV. We were just spending our free time not worrying about the dangers that we constantly had to face.

The moment Simon walked into the room, Soap and I were sitting at the table playing cards. At first I didn't notice him, but when I felt someone's eyes fixed on me, I saw him standing at the other end of the room. He slowly started to move towards us until finally he pulled up another chair and started watching us play.

"So, Y/N, you never really told me what happened out there" Soap innocently asked me not realising that this was the only question I had been avoiding answering.

"I don't really remember that night" I smiled at Soap, but noticed Simon change his sitting position, like he was interested in knowing the truth.

"One of your guys survived and told us about your plan to find me, why didn't you warn me?" Simon asked and I could feel my body tensing up. 

"I, umm, I don't know" I started stuttering and it was obvious that they knew something was up.

"Did they capture you? How did you find those documents?" Question after question Soap couldn't just stop. I looked at him with panic in my eyes and I was pretty sure that soon enough we would start arguing.

"Look, Soap, can we talk about it later? It is almost Christmas and you want me to remember that night?"

"Why did you order your group to leave and you stayed there yourself?" I realised that Simon was not going to let that slide. 

I didn't answer that question as I felt my blood boiling up. My cheeks were obviously red, I could feel them burning.

"I don't remember that night" I repeated and hoped for the best.

"Are you avoiding these questions?"

"Is this an interrogation?"  I didn't even realize how loud my words were. The other guys in the room were intrigued by the conversation between Simon and me.

"Are you okay?" Soap seemed to be worried.

"Better than ever" I threw my cards on the table and was ready to end this conversation. 

I knew that if I stayed there any longer, I would simply break down and reveal my true colors to Simon. Therefore, without waiting for anything, I got up from the table and in a few moments I was no longer in the room.

If only I had known that you can't disobey Simon Riley like that.