The end

[a/n]

So I guess this is it? The end of this book has finally come.

To be honest, I never thought I could do it. But with hard work, dedication, and your support, I finally did it.

The truth is, it was exhausting but at the same time, it was a way of escaping this world and expressing myself.

And as you might have already noticed, I changed the title from "His addiction" to "Your addiction" because in a way Y/N was addicted to her fantasy, just like some of you were addicted to this story, just like I was addicted to writing this book.

I know for most of you the ending was unexpected and disappointing (I must mention there were some hints in this story about the end. And I don't know if you noticed but I always mentioned four bullets hitting her, a small detail but an important one). 

For me personally, it was a good ending. Even if this whole story wasn't real.. but yeah. I resonated with the main character too much, I would say. And maybe Y/N being finally free brought me peace as well.

This whole time I tried to convey a feeling of emptiness and inner turmoil. I don't know if I succeeded but I think I did a pretty good job. Since the beginning, Y/N tried to understand her true self but no matter how much Y/N fought, she never won.

What I like about this story is that it can be interpreted in so many ways. And so many scenes convey the pain of her reality. For example, her memory loss represents her attempt at forgetting who she really was or that driving away from Simon symbolizes her sabotaging herself and abandoning her future. How during her last moments she saw the same seagull (from chapters Beyond your reach and In another life, in another world) - the fading freedom or how killing her brother represents her desire for revenge. 

And that is the reason why I never described Simon showing his face because she never saw it, she couldn't imagine it in her fantasy.

She never got a chance to become the person she always wished to be, she never got the life she deserved. And so spending her last moments imagining the life she always dreamed of brought her peace. Y/N finally accepted her fate and let go of pain and regret.

But even in her happiest moments, she was followed by Isabella - an imaginary character that represented her dark and real side. Avoiding her never turned out well and so it was a constant reminder of who she really was (such chapters as Annihilation; The masked one; Isolation; The moment of truth; When hatred consumes; Beyond your reach; Followed by the shadows convey the inner turmoil and the other side of Y/N). 

And I'm sure this story will stay with me for a long time and I'm so thankful for the opportunity I had to write it. 

Some of you might be wondering if there is going to be another book and so I must disappoint you because the answer is no (just because it takes a lot of time and I have no ideas). 

But I will be forever grateful for all the comments, votes, and followers. You guys gave me motivation to continue and I can't put into words how much I am going to miss this book. 

It really feels like saying goodbye to an old friend. 

Like a goodbye to all of you<3

Stay safe, guys! 

And remember - we will meet again on the other side, in another life, in another world!<3

- Cami