His promises

"She is going to be fine, she is our Heroin. Don't lose hope, Ghost" Soap tried to comfort Simon but both of them knew that it was not going to end well.

Because of the difficulty to focus, their shaking hands, and the fear surrounding the place, they felt more anxious than being on a battlefield. 

But as soon as they heard the door open, both of them looked at each other, hoping to hear some good news.

"How is she?" As the doctor left the room, Soap rushed to ask.

The silence that doctor gave them was not promising.

"She lost a lot of blood, too much, I would say"

"You would fucking say, yeah?" Ghost's rough voice made the doctor feel uneasy.

"Is she going to..?" Soap couldn't finish the sentence as he lacked courage, but everybody knew what kind of question that was.

"The only thing I can say is that there is a high chance that she will not survive. But we are doing everything we can to help her"

"Well you are not doing enough!" Ghost was ready to start a fight but Soap was quick enough to stop him.

"We have to wait and see, there is nothing we can do at this moment" The doctor adjusted his glasses and was about to leave, but Simon grabbed him by the elbow and asked:

"Can we see her?"

"Just make sure you don't stay there for too long" The doctor was hesitant at first, but then he decided that I should probably spend my last moments together with my friends. He didn't have the guts to tell Ghost and Soap that this night might be the last one for me.

As soon as he opened the door, Soap couldn't move. His whole body and mind were filled with fear of seeing me so broken. During those minutes, he was unable to accept the fact that my story could come to an end in just a few hours.

"You said not to lose hope, didn't you?" Standing right behind him, Simon tried to bring him back to reality.

After a few more steps, they saw me lying there without any signs of life. Only my infrequent breathing and slow heart rate let them know I was still fighting.

They often did not pay attention to death - after all, it was their job to spread it around the world. However, when they realized that death was waiting for me in that room, they both began to regret that they never spent enough time with me.

Simon couldn't forgive himself. For being so cold and selfish. Because he always tried to avoid me. Because he never admitted that I changed his life as much as he changed mine.

At that moment it didn't really matter that they found those documents in my backpack. They had to sacrifice my life to get them.

Simon still couldn't believe that some idiot did this to his Y/N.

It was his only heroin that kept him going every day.

Surrounding me, one on the left side, the other on the right side, they looked at me and still couldn't find the words to describe that moment, the feeling that was in the air. In silence they stood there for a few minutes not wanting to leave me alone. Eventually they were ordered to head back to the main office to discuss those documents, but as soon as Soap left the room, Simon moved even closer to me.

As he gently caressed my hand, he couldn't understand how someone like me could deserve such a cruel fate. His eyes never left my face as he sat down in one of the chairs near my bed. It wasn't until that moment that he realized how beautiful I actually was.

He couldn't take his eyes off my lips, my nose and eyebrows, my hair and neck, my shoulders and arms. He began to adore every single part of my body and swore never to let me go like that again. Simon was sure that he might lose me even in a few moments, but deep in his heart he felt that I would survive.  

That our lips would touch again soon, that our bodies would come together again, and we would once again become one soul. 

He put my palm to his lips and kissed me sweetly. He tried to wake me up from this nightmare. Simon would have done anything to make sure that I still had time in this world.

To know that we both still had some time left together.

His voice began to shake as he asked me to wake up. He was surprised to even hear himself.

"I'm sorry, my sweetheart"

"I promise to take care of you. I promise to always be by your side, to always keep you close to my heart, just give me one more chance"

"I promise to love you"

Who could have thought that Ghost wasn't just an emotionless and cold-hearted guy? He had a soft spot, but only for me. And he knew that if he lost me that time, he would never be able to forgive himself.

Finally he let go of my hand and kissed my forehead. He stroked my face and my hair and prayed for a miracle to happen. But that miracle didn't happen. I continued to sink deep into the depths of my consciousness not knowing how much I really meant to Simon.