The pain of betrayal

I felt a knot form in my stomach as I realized the gravity of the situation. I had been led into a trap, and I was completely at their mercy.

Now it was clear why Isabella had been acting so suspicious since the first day we met. I truly thought our team would never have to face the consequences of someone betraying us but here I was. Standing with my hands raised above my head, with disbelief etched on my face.

If somebody had told me that Isabella had been working with the enemy all along, I would not have believed them. Yes, I knew trusting Isabella was the wrong choice, but I blamed it on her stupidity and inability to focus.

But only then did I realise she had been feeding them information about our plans, which is why they were able to stay one step ahead of us. All that time, she had been manipulating me and playing with me. It was finally clear that she had been using me for her own gain and I had been too blind to realise it.

In that moment, I wondered whether she was planning to kill me on the spot or if she had something else in mind.

Isabella then began to slowly walk around me in a circle, her eyes never leaving mine, still with that same menacing smile on her face.

"Amarren sus manos" She commanded. Thank God I knew some Spanish and I was able to understand that she wanted my hands to be tied up.

Then, I sensed her men closing in on me from behind, their footsteps growing louder and closer. Before I could react, they grabbed my gun from my hand and tied my hands tightly behind my back.

I struggled to break free, but the knots were too tight, and my efforts were in vain. Isabella just stood there, watching with a smug look on her face. I knew I had to stay calm and figure out a way to escape, but my mind was clouded with anger and frustration.

I then hit the ground hard as the men pushed me down. Pain shot through my legs, but I refused to show them the weak side of me.

Now, I was on my knees, my hands bound tightly behind my back, my head bowed down. My hair fell across my face, making it hard to see. My heart was pounding, and my breaths came in short gasps. I felt helpless and exposed, but I refused to let them see my fear. I clenched my jaw, determined to stay strong.

"I just can't wait to see Simon's face as I tell him you got kidnapped" She chuckled and felt a sense of fear overtake my mind as I suspected she knew about our relationship.

"What..?" I whispered, as I still struggled to understand what she meant.

"Oh, don't be so stupid, I know you guys fuck each other" Isabella stepped closer to me, the sound of her boots echoing in the silence. With the end of her gun, she tilted my chin up, forcing me to look into her eyes.

The cold metal of the gun pressed against my skin, a sharp reminder of my vulnerability. Isabella's eyes bore into mine, and I could see the satisfaction in her expression.

"You really thought you could outsmart me, Y/N?" She sneered.

"You should have known better than to trust me"

I gritted my teeth, refusing to give her the satisfaction of a response. Isabella's eyes flickered with anger at my silence, and she pushed the gun harder against my skin.

"You're nothing but a pawn in this game, Y/N" She hissed and then continued "And you've already lost"

Despite the fear and pain, I refused to back down. I stared back into her eyes, unflinching, knowing that any show of weakness would only make things worse. And as memories of our past arguments were flooding my mind, I struggled to keep the chaos within me from spiraling out of control.

When she confessed her feelings about Simon and I kept my mouth shut. The day I lost my temper and showed her the other side of me. But after minutes and minutes of analysing, I realised no one from my team really knew where their new hideout was.

Kidnapping me would have meant Simon loosing me.

"What do you want from me?" I asked, my voice wavering slightly.

"Oh, that's the fun part - I need nothing from you, therefore, I don't see why I shouldn't take the opportunity to torture you to death" It was clear from the tone of her voice that she wasn't joking at all.

But just as I was about to open my mouth and send her to hell, one of her men approached Isabella. I watched their interaction closely but I couldn't hear what the man whispered into Isabella's ear, though I saw her expression change almost instantly.

Her eyes widened slightly, and her brow furrowed, revealing a mix of concern and anger. I could tell that whatever the man had whispered was bad news. I noticed Isabella's jaw tighten, and her grip on her weapon became more firm.

"Well, I must now go and leave you with these men, sweet dreams, his sweetheart" Isabella let out a frustrated laugh, clearly enjoying having all the power over me.

I then heard footsteps approaching, and fear gripped me as I braced myself for what was to come. Suddenly, a sharp hit landed on the back of my head and pain shot through my skull. Then, another strike landed, this time on the side of my head. The pain was unbearable, and I felt myself losing consciousness.

As I collapsed to the ground, everything went black.

Isabella had led me into a trap, and now I was paying the price for lying about him and me. 

And as I drifted into darkness, my last thought was of Simon.